“Poor service for the price”

Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lawrenceville
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This was my first stay at Red Roof Inn. I stayed one night with my wife and 7 years old. Room was clean and I noticed upgrades like headlamp on bed etc. However, found this place very limited on several points that you should know before booking -
- There is no complimentary break fast that usually accompany similar hotels
- There is only one laundry room with one dryer and one washer next to Office. So if your room is in different building you will need to drag your laundry through stairs.
- Shower has a very limited water supply, it literally just drips. If you try full throttle you get cold water. After a long drive, my least expectations from the room was good hot shower.

It is not that every hotel I stay is great in these things, but I paid good rate (@80 with taxes) looking at "very good" rating on Tripadvisor, which was misleading.

Room Tip: Check if showers work properly when you enter the room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
RedRoof111, Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so sorry about the experience you encountered. It is very important to us that our guests enjoy a clean and comfortable stay and I can understand how lack of a hot shower would make this impossible. Please know we take guest feedback very seriously and will work to address your concerns. Thank you again for sharing with us and please reach out to me if you would like to discuss further.

We would love the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

I needed a room for a night and I was on a budget. I decided to come here. Big mistake. The first room I was in had a stain on the bedcover and the second room had a stain on the sheets. I went to the desk and told Molly and she handed me sheets. Why am I paying you for a room and hospitality if you're handing me sheets for me to change myself? I don't think so. That's awful customer service. I would never stay at this dump again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

I am so sorry to hear about the awful experience you encountered. There is no excuse for this and we apologize for it occurring. The issues you experienced with your room cleanliness as well as lack of resolution by our staff is unacceptable and we will address this; thank you for bringing it to our attention.

If you would like to discuss your issues further please reach out to me directly as I would love the opportunity to resolve this for you and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last year with my brother in law and family, they were visiting us from the UK, it's a good hotel to get around by bus. And not very expensive as well. We stayed here total of 3 days. No complaints, does the job!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Thank youf or sharing your experience! We are glad to hear you had a good visit and hope you enjoyed your time with your family from the UK!

We hope to see you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

Yosry sleem is a very good Employee I loved his service and I'm also enjoying my stay. Everyone here is respectful and housekeeping is awesome the coffee is wonderful. I feel safe because the police can get here in 2 seconds

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
RedRoof111, Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Thank you for the great review and specifically your compliments to Yosry! He was so happy to hear he made a positive impact on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed our staff and housekeeping service, as well as the complimentary coffee we provide 24 hours a day, everyday. We are very glad you feel comfortable staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

Although an older RRI, this property is well taken care of. It is quiet and clean. the staff is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We were in the building that contained the office and expected possible traffic. Never heard a car drive in even though they did. The pet area was clean and easily reached by our room toward the end of the building. Both the man who checked us in---originally from Egypt and the young women who checked us out the following day were pleasant and attentive. In the morning there is coffee available in the office area. It would be nice if there was a breakfast. There is a beautiful room off the office that would accomate a breakfast room.

Stayed: February 2017
RedRoof111, Manager at Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and our property. Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff and cleanliness. We always appreciate hearing such positive feedback from our guests. We hope to see you again if you are ever in our area.

Hotel Staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceville
1.9 km away
3.2 km away
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
Clarion Hotel Palmer Inn
#15 of 15 in Princeton

Been to Red Roof Inn Princeton - Ewing? Share your experiences!