“Pass this place up and go to Long John Silvers”

Oyster Creek Restaurant and Boat Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Oyster Creek Restaurant and Boat Bar Family friendly waterfront seafood restaurant. Casual Dining with beatiful views.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here for dinner and was truly disappointed. The view is good but the food is anything but. The salad looked like it was put together early in the day and was served warm. The clam chowder had all the leftover veggies in it but no clams except for the clamato juice that was the broth. All our meals were served lukewarm with cold mashed potatoes. The green beans had 3 different colors of green and not fresh. The fish was over salted and overcooked. The crabcakes were the worse I have ever had and were served dry without any remoulade or cocktail sauce. The chops were just ok.

Outside of the view, the meals were not worth the prices and we left hungry and we did not order early bird specials.

Service was just ok.

Never again for me.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (549)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I got the 1/2 burger and they had great caramelized onions, crispy bacon, the patty was a good medium and the buns were greatly toasted. Also got their filet mignon and they cooked it exactly medium rare (which I asked for), their fries are also delicious, I didn't even use ketchup because they were salted well and had good flavor over all. The customer service was great and friendly, and it's awesome the fact that you can dock your boat and walk right in from the boat into this amazing restaurant. Over all I really enjoyed my experience there and if my word ain't enough then just ask Guy Fieri From Triple D's and he liked their food.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful view. The early bird special is a great deal. However, the oyster stew has tiny bits of oyster, was lukewarm and crackers were not offered. The deviled clams were the worst I've ever tasted. They were filled with bread cubes, I did not see or taste clams nor was there any "deviled " spicing. My friends enjoyed their scallops and crab cakes. The restaurant needs a deep cleaning. Hope thinks improve once We all get back to normal.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been trying to visit this restaurant for over five years when visiting the shore. We finally had an opportunity tonight and were very excited. The view of the creek and marsh is gorgeous. It took us a long time to decide what to order because there were so many entrees to chose from. Hubby ordered the Early Bird Special which is a pretty good deal for $18. He got the clam chowder (good but not very hot), salad (good) and a delicious pasta dish of lump crab , clams, asparagus and tomatoes plus dessert. My eat and peel shrimp was fine, but my crab cakes, which were advertised as all crab meat, were mushy and lukewarm. I am always on the lookout for good crab cakes and expected that a seafood place with good reviews would deliver, but it was not to be. In all fairness, I plan to come back and try some other items on the menu which sounded delicious. But the chef at a seafood restaurant needs to improve a signature entree like crab cakes.

Reviewed 28 April 2021

Went for dinner with my wife. Yes I have been there several times before , but did they fire the old chef and hire a new one. My wife’s salad had three rotten tomatoes turned red on top and rotten on the bottom. I got broiled scallops but I guess they thought I meant raw . So undercooked!!! AND I never had shells in my scallops. I thought I had broken a tooth. And no one one there looks like they enjoy their job, no attitude towards customers, but no friendly atmosphere!

Date of visit: April 2021