“Excellent food, beautiful view”
Review of Avenue Le Club

Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Where the cotton blue sky meets the deep blue Atlantic Ocean along the Jersey Shore is an elegant haven called Avenue Le Club. By day, Avenue Le Club's relaxed elegance evokes the laid-back luxury of the Riviera, while providing members and their families with the most modern services and upscale amenities. While adults enjoy Avenue Le Club's natural outdoor amenities, kids can run, skip and play on the beach, collecting shells and building sand castles fit for a king crab. By night, Avenue Le Club is transformed into a sophisticated contemporary indoor-outdoor oasis where exotic cocktails, superb cuisine and open-air lounges provide a grown-up playground under the stars. Avenue Le Club's restaurant serve its patrons delicious French cuisine that is perfect for a romantic meal with a moderate price. All of our food is prepared with only the highest quality food, including several organic ingredients. Come visit Avenue Le Club for a perfect blend of the Parisian brasserie & the luxurious beaches of St. Tropez all here in Long Branch.
Reviewed 17 October 2021

My husband and I had a mid-week dinner here in October. The entire boardwalk was very empty with very few people dining out. The host was very friendly on the phone and in person when we inquired about eating outside. The inside is beautiful but we still prefer to eat outside because of Covid. The patio overlooks the beach and we still had a nice view of the waves despite it being dark out.

Our server was prompt and attentive. We had the moules frites and nicoise salad which were both excellent. They have a nice beer and wine list. We also tried the pumpkin creme broulee which was good but not exceptional.

Overall, we had an excellent meal and the service was great. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (484)

Reviewed 6 September 2021 via mobile

25 foot flat ceiling built on the sand. Beautiful on the outside and inside. expensive for sure. $26 for what i might consider a side salad. $14 escargot. But very tasty

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank Brad1017
Reviewed 27 June 2021

We there to celebrate my husband’s birthday yesterday. It was an absolute disaster !! The manager told us they were short staffed and we should be patient as we waited for over 20 minutes just to place our drink order. They were overbooked and short staffed . This is not our problem . You should not of accepted so many reservations. The food was poor. The shrimp taste spoiled .The paella was tasteless. The whole experience costs us over $600 last night and we felt robbed. We could not give them anymore of our money and left without desert and coffee. No one acknowledged my husband’s birthday.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 16 June 2021

Was celebrating a birthday yesterday. Requested a window spot, was put next to the waiters' station. Requested a different table, was seated in a booth, wobbly table for 2. Waited at the table for good 10 minutes, no server in site. At that point I asked my boyfriend to see a manager. Manager's response was "you already moved 4 times", my boyfriend was told to take any booth.
Moved to a different booth, took a while again to see the server. Finally ordered. Because it was a birthday, we ordered a salad and the most expensive thing on the menue-steak for 2, price $160.00. Ordered medium well. Steak was brought out by a server and put on the table. A minute later, another server comes over and takes a steak back to the kitchen stating "it has to be sliced". Brings steak back in a few minutes-it is blue:rare. Flagged down our server and asked him to give us a different meal since our $160 steak was not cooked properly. His reply was "I can't give you a different meal, I can have steak cooked longer". Steak was brought back and was chewy and tasteless. We were given no steak knives, had to look for the server to get that. Coffee arrived without cream, had to ask for that. When we asked the manager if the restaurant is able to validate our parking ticket, he said no. At that point my boyfriend told the manager that our dining experience was awful and food was mediocre. Managers response to my boyfriend was "YOU ARE RUDE".
Avenue should not have a $160 steak on the menu if they can't cook it properly. Moreover, if a customer is not happy with their meal, they should be offered an alternative.
We understand that restaurants have suffered through a pandemic, however it is not an excuse to provide bad service and have incompetent and insulting managers on duty.
Although location is nice, l would discourage anyone I know from ever having a meal there.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 19 May 2021

Wow!! Didn’t get to go to Europe two summers in a row. I miss France and I miss Italy (and Croatia). I checked out the menu and wine list before I came and was impressed. They had great bottles for every price point. I was laughing that people didn’t think the host or staff wasn’t friendly. I walked in w a smile and asked them what they liked on the menu. They were the nicest most helpful people and very passionate about the food. Based on their Recs.. I had the oysters, grilled octopus, black bass in a Riesling broth. And then I wanted an Alberino and the waiter said the most cost effective one was the most popular. De-lush. But let’s get to this black bass. Usually I don’t like brothy bass. But I trusted the host/manager and waiter. It was the best thing I’ve eaten in a long time. It came with spinach nocchi. Def homemade. So light and buttery!!!! Then the fish with the artichoke. I never had anything like this. I Can’t believe it’s at the jersey shore. They also gave me an amazing table for 1 after my guest didn’t come. Overall...leaving here happy and full and my wanderlust is a bit contained. Also, love the French music!!

Date of visit: May 2021