“Amazing Mother's Day Meal”

Sangria Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Sangria Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Mahwah
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Sangria Tapas Restaurant specializes in authentic cuisine from Spain and signature sangrias, wines and spirits. Set up as a rustic bistro, Sangria is located at Ramapo Centre, 1033 MacArthur Blvd in Mahwah, New Jersey. Sangria highlights an assortment of tapas, montaditos, mariscadas, charcuterie and cheese platters, churrasco steak, paella and weekly specials. The name Sangria is symbolic of the fun and richness of the Spain culture and culinary experience. Sangria pulls together centuries of tradition by adding a modern twist to its cuisine and spirits.
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

My family was stuck finding anywhere local for Mother's Day so we called around and Sangria was open and could accommodate our party of 10 so we decided to try it. One of the most delicious meals of my life! The tapas were to die for (I recommend the tostones and the Serrano asparagus). The Sangria we had was phenomenal--regular red for some and most of us had the mango pineapple white. By the time meals came we were stuffed but I still had the Churrasco and it was so heavenly. I can't wait to go again soon. The servers took wonderful care of us, complimented our children for good behavior, and kept the Sangria flowing all afternoon.

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was hoping to eat a delicious paella and juicy steak. Unfortunately it was a disaster, the service very poor, we have to call the server. The paella taste like sausage , even though it had chicken, shrimps, calamari , the rice toooo mushi, and red all taste like sausage , the steak, was so cold, dry ,and just thrown on a plate, I felt like I was eating at home when I am too tired to cook. Very expensive, the sangria was cloudy , too much orange juice. Not going back, I would not recommend it.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I have eaten here numerous times and food is amazing. Just order Tapas - forget the entrees on the menu and just get Tapas. To repeat just get the Tapas! Oh and my wife loves the Sangria. The service is excellent. We will eat at the bar on weekends as the restaurant gets packed and you need a reservation - because it is excellent! The check for a couple will be between 60-100 and is well worth it. After you a totally stuffed I highly recommend the churros with chocolate as a sweet washdown!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Tucked into a strip mall the outside is unassuming once you walk in the ambiance and decor set the tone

Our party tried several tapas including the octopus calamari and garlic shrimp. All tasty. The sauce for the calamari was unique and had a smoky flavor

Paiella was the main course our table shared and the fish was fresh and the sauce amazing

The sangria is made to perfection and full of fruit

Prices are high but not over the top and due to the configuration of the room and the acoustics it could get a bit noisy

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

The decor is really on point. They have these wooden tables that you don't see often. Food was excellent. The Tapas offering is diverse and tasty. Albondigas and Calamari our favorite. Best dish in the house is Paella. Authentic. Can't say anything but great time had by all.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank BarryPett

Been to Sangria Tapas Restaurant? Share your experiences!