“"A Shore Thing!"”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Description: Located in Manasquan NJ about a mile from the beach, Squan Tavern offers a wide variety of Italian classics and American fare and the areas best pizza. Our dining room is cozy and our friendly staff will make your experience memorable. Full service bar, seating to 160, outside dining, take out menu, catered trays to go. Established in 1964, family owned and operated Squan tavern has been a favorite casual family dining restaurant at the Jersey shore. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

There are many beaches along the Jersey Shore and one of them is Manasquan. A quaint little town off exit 98 on the Garden State Parkway. It has iconic Mom and Pop stores that still line the main street of town and a family-owned restaurant, Squan Tavern that still serves fabulous food (with an Italian emphasis) for over 50 years. When you first walk-in, you feel as though you have entered into a small town tavern with its shiny mahogany bar and miscellaneous paraphernalia behind the beer taps, where the locals still enjoy sitting. Just off to the right is a full-service dining room which also offers outdoor dining when weather permits. Waitress' who have worked here for years greet you with a courteous and friendly manner. The menu offers a great many choices, but three of my favorites year after year for the past 30 years is the Pizza, a Meatball Parmesan sandwich or my entire family's favorite the Chicken Parmesan sandwich. Whatever you order, you will be glad you did. The Squan is open year-round but is especially busy and you might have a wait is during the Summer --

Reviewed 14 July 2017

This was the first time that I have been in the Squan Tavern in years and it was just as good last night as it has been for the last 30 years. Our pizza was delicious. Our server was polite, friendly and did a wonderful job. Yes the Squan Tavern can get crowded but the food is worth the wait.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I like the pizza here. My husband loves their pasta with scungilli in red sauce. I mean he has it every time we visit Manasquan. Scungilli is conch, so if you like conch chowder, you might like scungilli on pasta. They have been around a long time, have a full bar and full Italian menu. Good service too. You can eat in or order out.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

First time at Squan Tavern - we ate dinner here on a Sunday night to celebrate my son's birthday. When I heard Squan Tavern I thought pub food, but nooooo it's Italian :). We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated but then were greeted by our very friendly and efficient waitress. Hot crusty bread, good salads, and delicious Italian food - between all of us we ordered 1 pizza, eggplant rollantini, chicken Yolanda, lasagna, and tortellini alfredo. Good sized portions with enough to take home a doggy bag. It seems to be a place where families and locals come for good Italian food. Can definitely recommend!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Wife and went to squan tavern last night
While it was the Kentucky derby and very crowded and noisy we were ok with that.
We were seated and we have been here before (we are locals) we like to go to different Italian restaurants. Well I ordered the linguine with broccoli and garlic. First ,the presentation was horrible ,the broccoli was giant pieces laid on top of pasta not cut and tossed in. The garlic was none. We had a side of sautéed spinach which I used the juices from that to pour over my pasta. There was no garlic in my dish and taste was none! My wife had eggplant parmigiana and she said it was ok. Nothing to write home about.
Service was good. But we will never go back. And for me to say this is bad. You really need to be bad for me to not want to eat Italian food.
Maybe it was a bad night or not. But busy or not. Quality is none! And lost us as customers. Other pizza in area is just as good if not better.