“The best scones and coffee in town”
Review of The Able Baker

The Able Baker
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Maplewood
Description: The Able Baker specializes in cakes, cookies, pies, and breakfast sweets. Custom cakes and custom cookies are made based on a customer's requests and needs. We brew La Colombe coffee and pull La Colombe espresso drinks from a beautiful La Marzocco GB/5. And we steep Steven Smith Teamaker's excellent teas and tisanes.
Reviewed 23 May 2017

If you like things baked with butter and love, this is the place for you. Everything is baked on premises, you are not going to find any of those crappy cookies that bakeries buy from suppliers to fill their cases. The cookies here may be a little more expensive but you will be able to taste the difference AND, they will look adorable. The scones are my favorite and they make all kinds of
different flavor combinations but don't come too late in the day, they will be sold out. They sell all kinds of cakes for special occasions. They will have a few in the case but you should order ahead to be sure you get what you want. My latest favorite is the lemon pie. Sounds weird but trust me, it's delicious. My friend bought one when she was hosting our book group on the recommendation of one of the bakers and our whole group was amazed. It has thinly sliced lemons that are tart and sweet at the same time in a buttery crust. Throw on a scoop of ice-cream or some whipped cream and you will be in heaven. The AB is famous for their cupcakes and they are great. I tried a gluten free cupcake the other day and it was amazing, you wouldn't have known it was GF. They have a cute area to eat and they serve the best coffee around.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

I have no guilty pleasures... because I never feel guilty about a delicious treat. This place and so many choices and they prepare them all so well!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Outstanding coffee and delicious baked goods. The coolest and friendliest service. Can't beat the hip charming atmosphere. The owner is a gem!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Love this place. I live in Maplewood, so I go all the time. It makes me feel like I'm on vacation in my own town! The coffee is excellent (they have some super expensive coffee machine)t and the cupcakes and other pastries are delicious. The design is small and adorable and seems from a different era. They use Fiestaware and play great music and have some single and communal tables indoors and out. They also have wifi. During the week you can hang out and read and pretend you are in Paris or acting in some romcom.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a well loved place and great for baked goods and expresso or regular coffee. The atmosphere is great. However, since they renovated, it almost seems less place to sit, and people have taken to camping out at tables - even leaving their stuff at tables for 3/4 people to sit. So recommend take out only. Can pre- order cakes, pies and more.