“Great Sushi. Not so Great service.”

Miyako Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #21 of 46 Restaurants in Margate City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 February 2016

A nice romantic evening with my wife with some very good sushi. The evening was only marred by the fact that I used a groupon for the dinner, and the owner would not let me use the full value of that as the sushi was a half-price special. This was okay, even though there were no signs up, as it would save me a lot of money. I asked if it was okay to use the face value since I couldn't use the promotional value, as is the rule of thumb with groupons. Unfortunately, he chose to give me the full promotional value and charge me full price instead. I felt taken advantage of, and sadly this will be the only reason I don't go back to this very good restaurant.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We went there last night after wanting to try Yama in Ventnor, which was placing its customers in the side room instead of the nicely appointed main room. Sorry, Yama. That's being inconsiderate to your customers. Goodbye Yama. The Miyako staff is friendly enough. The interior furnishings are average at best. The sushi is average and not as good as Megu in Ventnor. It is better than Acme's. The sushi is also way too pricey, especially for the quality. Will not be back.

Reviewed 13 October 2015

I've eaten at Miyako twice, been very pleased both times. The first visit I had the seafood soup. Light, full of fresh shrimp & scallops. Second, I enjoyed the hibachi table. The NY Strip steak was so flavorful and tender, accompanied by fried rice, shrimp, and a pile of sauteed veggies. The meal includes delicious miso soup & the only diss, a rather pedestrian ginger-dressed salad.

All-in-all, I like this place a lot!

Reviewed 18 August 2015

Typical hibachi restaurant with cook show, flaming volcano, etc. Chicken, shrimp, beef or combos along with miso soup, fried rice, and salad.

Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

Beach day trip to Margate and after a long day, the family got into sushi mood, hence, Miyako.

A simple place with AVG sushi. The rolls we ordered where heavy in rice and teriyaki sauce. Service is fine.

Again, not the best sushi we ever had, just average.