“Delicious Ethiopian Food”

Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in Montclair
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Street
Description: Mesob Ethiopian Restaurant of Montclair, NJ is a favorite for both vegans & meat lovers with its authentic Ethiopian food. All of our foods are prepared with imported Ethiopian spices prepared daily. The friendly staff and warm decor makes Mesob the perfect place to relax with family and friends. Our Injera, a delicious sourdough Ethiopian flat bread that you wrap your food with, makes Mesob a favorite with kids, where it’s a treat to “eat with your hands.” (but we also have silverware, if you prefer!)
Reviewed 8 November 2017

Ethiopian food is quite different from any other type of food; especially as it is served and eaten with an unusual type of spongy, flat bread--injera. We have eaten here several times and have always been pleased with the variety of food, the taste, and the price is very fair. The noise level is a little high, but otherwise the restaurant is really great. We look forward to coming in to Montclair to eat here.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with great expectations for an exotic meal. The dish I ordered was without flavor and the bread with which you eat your meal was not my favorite. Unfortunately the food did not agreed with me and end up sick that night.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Interesting food and presentation. The food was good and a fun experience. The staff was helpful, polite and professional.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I learned about this quaint little spot from a show we saw on FiOS and being we enjoy checking out new places we figured we'll give this one a try. I have to admit I am one of the most pickiest person there is when it comes to food and I did not expect how much I was going to enjoy this different experience. Our waitress was very polite and very patient in answering all of our questions. She gave us some suggestions which we did take her up on. The presentation was appealing. My husband and I decided to share. We had the chicken and the beef, its consistency and taste was like a stew (we asked for it mild) and 4 sides. Surprisingly, everything was delicious and eating with our hands was kind of fun! Also, it's a BYOB and conveniently next door there's a liquor store. My husband went and was asked where he was having dinner and the worker suggested a Ethiopian honey wine which we will definitely be buying again. It was a perfect pairing with our dinner. After dinner we had dessert. My husband had their baklava and I had the almond cake with Berry sauce. To end my whole experience I ordered a cup of their Ethiopian coffee. I was expecting a bitter strong coffee but surprisingly it was one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had. My husband and I REALLY enjoyed our experience. We can't wait to go back and take the rest of our family and friends. Give it a try ;)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Went here with a party of 16. They went out of their way to introduce us to their great food. Thank you for a great night.