“Great coffee shop with best Huevos Rancheros on weekends”
Review of Red Eye Cafe

Red Eye Cafe
Ranked #6 of 215 Restaurants in Montclair
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Fun ambience, good sandwiches and inventive breakfast dishes in a contemporary coffee house setting. Best Huevos Rancharos around, by far.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Red Eye offers a great breakfast selection and food is prepared quickly and tastes very fresh. Seating is limited so yo may need to wait a while - especially on the weekends. I've only been just after morning rush on workday so it worked out fine. Go for the Dirty Chai - their signature drink!

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Go early… This place was mobbed by 1130 on Saturday morning. Great dirty chai, interesting menu, nice presentation and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

My wife and I tried the Red Eye Cafe for breakfast and we were glad we did. The Red Eye Cafe is a cozy space that reminds me of a cafe you would find in Greenwich Village or on a quiet street in Europe. My wife selected the pancakes and I an omelet. The pancakes were light and fluffy. The omelet was made to order with you choosing any two ingredients from a long list. It was done perfectly and came with home fries and multi grain bread. We ordered a side of bacon and it was cooked perfectly. The menu had many options from salads, sandwiches, french toast, oatmeal, pastries and specials. We loved the Red Eye Cafe and will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

This cute, little joint is splendid, and i use that word rarely... (The biggest challenge, is getting a parking space on Walnut street in Montclair- FYI- some spots are 2 hour and some are 1 hour.) Kombucha (locally made) and cider-chai on the menu! 'You had me at, SCOBY!' When a breakfast place totally nails home fries, you know that there is a lot of love in the food. Go- Eat- Smile. I had a shitake omelet, but I was also coveting someone's ranchero-type dish. They also have a coffee and pastry bar in the front of this cafe for the Starbuckers in the area. YUMM! Lunch and dinner also available.

1  Thank EGraf10