“Overall excellent experience!”
Review of Simko's Grill

Simko's Grill
Ranked #5 of 56 Restaurants in Neptune
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall excellent experience; friendly, fast service- our family gives these menu items an A+: all salads were very fresh, delicious warm bread, pecan-crusted salmon “wowed us”, ribeye very tender, homemade mashed potatoes perfect! Our family would change these things: disappointed in frozen french fries (didn’t follow suite w rest of meal); must change to fresh cut fries, cocktail sauce was like jelly- made too far in advance; I didn’t care for the crab cakes at all (my fault, I should have asked more questions- they were not Maryland crab cakes). Without a doubt, we would return! Our waitress, Danielle, was superb!

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I celebrated our 33 year dating / 30 year wedding anniversary at Simko's. I had clams on the half shell for an appetizer and my entree was the blackened tuna over Faro Rice Special. My wife's entrée was the Baby Back Ribs. For desert we enjoyed the chocolate Moose cake.

Both of our meals were fabulous. Simkos entrée pricing is a great value as the their food is 5 star quality at very reasonable pricing.

Service was excellent. Our server Barbara Burke took our orders accurately and quickly. Donna , our maître'd also made sure that my wife got her favorite chardonnay wine with dinner. i enjoyed the hpuse Merlot as suggested by Barbara and was very happy with her recommendation.

The interior layout is very family friendly with plenty of room and the decor is very warm and inviting. Outside the restaurant, the evening sunset views are also very nice and compliments any romantic outing (date or anniversary). We walked around the pier after dinner just to reminisce about our first date 33 years ago.

Simko's also has a very large bar area , so if you have to wait for your table , you can wait at the bar and have your favorite drink until you are seated.

Parking is on site with plenty of space, but during the peak summer season months, plan to arrive earlier than your seating time in order to ensure a parking spot.

We very much look forward to dining again at Simko's over the rest of the season!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed 6 May 2021

This is a gem of a rest! It may be tucked away but it is worth going to. I have eaten here many times and every thing I have had has been awesome! My favorite is the garlic steak! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone I know.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 13 October 2020

Had 3 entrees 2 fish and one pasta. My Parm. crusted dinner was excellent. My mom love her pasta and my girls salmon she liked. Our drinks that were made perfect. Owners stopped by to check on us also which was nice.

Date of visit: October 2020
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 12 October 2020

We went here for Jersey Shor restaurant week. I had driven by before, but never noticed the place. The food was very good, especially the grouper. Good portions at good prices.

Date of visit: October 2020