“Worth seeking out”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: North Ironbound
Reviewed 20 December 2015

I am making it my business to try each restaurant in the Ironbound. In one week, two Brazilian visitors told me about this place- so I went. It is a bit on the eclectic side- a garden area, a bar and a "nicer" restaurant. We chose the latter for a weekend lunch. They have a very large menus and an additional menu for specials. Seriously, I wanted to try everything that came out of the kitchen. I had the squid special- plain grilled squid served with garlic oil in a separate container. Real vegetables ( not the usual boiled broccoli and carrots in most of the restaurants). My husband had broiled salmon- which was surprisingly a human portion. Both simple choices and done perfectly. Dessert was flan which had a slight anise flavor- a huge slice and not too sweet. We will be back to try some of the more complex dishes. Parking and right next to Seabras so you can combine a trip with shopping. Super waiter. Not where I would go for date night but definitely will be back.

1  Thank mommyspice

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Been to this place thousands of time

Great staff very friendly. Owner is very nice and always goes around greeting people.

Having an outdoor patio is great to watch soccer there. If your a soccer fan this is the place to visit.

Food is great and love the Caldo Verde soup they make on the weekends.

My kids love this place soooo much that they can't wait for the dessert.

And the suckling pig is tremendous as well. Usually sells out fast for the holidays so get your orders in early.

Reviewed 7 October 2014 via mobile

In Newark meeting a friend living in NYC. Started at our usual place to meet but wanted something different and truly local. Found this restaurant on TA with limited reviews but decided to give it a try. It really is as good as described with very good food, reasonably priced drinks and local friendly flavor. Try it, you will not be disappointed and still have a few bucks left in your pocket.

1  Thank Tomanytowns
Reviewed 1 October 2014 via mobile

Recently I stop by there for a fast lunch ,and I find a Bacalao( cod fish ), amazing ;I'm a Bacalao lover ,and I like to try the Bacalao in all possible ways, this was simple and fast serving,Copked to perfection without bones with extra Olive oil.Simplemente outstanding and excellent price.Higly recommended.

Reviewed 10 September 2014

Food is excellent. Not your glitzy Adega or Iberia, but so worth it! Typical dishes you would only find in Portugal. Best attentive service in town. Their BBQ is great and inexpensive also!!

Been to Primabel Bar & Restaurant? Share your experiences!