“Hidden Gem Amongst the More Popular Spots”
Review of Paleio Bar & Grill

Cuisines: Portuguese
Description: Phone: (973) 344-3784
Description: Phone: (973) 344-3784
Reviewed 9 February 2015

A hidden gem amongst the more popular spots in Newark. Me & my husband stumbled upon this place after trying unsuccessfully to get last minute reservations at several other spots nearby. So glad we found it. Excellent food, excellent service and a really nice atmosphere. If you sit near the bar area they have live music. There is also a really nice looking lounge area downstairs (opens after our bedtime...lol). Prices were very reasonable.

Only negative was there is no parking lot but street parking was not an issue.

Save room for the crepe with ice cream for dessert ;)

3  Thank Didojen

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Love the food, love the chef... She has the magic touch. A lot of flavors, great sauces, and seasoning. Strong and tasty sangria.

1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Quiet place with a menu of Brazilian / Portugese food. They start you off with warm rustic rolls, garlic butter, and marinated spiced olives.

I ordered the Bakalhau Com Natas which is baked shredded cod, onions and potatos in a bechamel sauce, yum yum. i managed to eat almost two thirds of my entree.

My husband ordered the liver and onions with potatoes. Very tender, flavorful and plentiful. He only managed to eat half his entree.

My son ordered the steak sliders. Don't think of regular sliders when you irder them here. He received two decent sized steaks on rolls cooked just ad we asked with fries.

1  Thank Cheryl C
Reviewed 5 February 2013

This is my second review of Paleio. My second visit in January did not disappoint. I arranged for a small surprise birthday gathering for my husband complete with cake.We traveled from South Jersey, Brooklyn and Pennsylvania. We are a group of Italians and we know good food. Paleio hits the mark. The 9 of us each ordered a different entree. Not only was the food delicious but the presentations were wonderful. We enjoyed a few bottles of Portugese wine which is my new favorite. The cake- well the cake was perfectly divine. This is significant coming from someone who does not partake in dessert. Do not hesitate to dine here. Our friends all stated their intentions to return. Lucky for me, my birthday is in February and I am already hinting.

1  Thank mydogshep
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Very nice place, staff is great helpful welcoming and in very goid mood.
The cozido is enough for 2 and delicious, prices are more than reasonnable.
For kids even if not listed on the menu, staff is already offering some options (chickenfingers was the selection of my son).

Perfect experience

Been to Paleio Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!