“Fathers Day Dinner”

Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their "Achievement of Excellence Award." Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located at Garden State Plaza.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Our dinner was excellent! At the last minute we added 2 more people to our party and they accommodated us even on Father's Day! Their wait staff is very attentive and the food is always great. Our waitress was wonderful. The only thing i have to say is I ordered a bone in ribeye medium rare and it came out rare. This will not deter me from going back again.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The Capital Grille is always top notch from the food to the service. Let me begin by saying the only reason we don't go more than 2-3 times per year is that we need the time to recover financially. However, it's worth it!
This time was for my husband's birthday. When we arrived at the table it was decorated with birthday confetti and there was a lovely birthday card from the restaurant. When do you get a card from a restaurant? This really helped to make the night special.
As appetizers _My husband had the lump crabmeat cocktail which he enjoyed & I had the shrimp cocktail which had decent size shrimp but I thought them a little over done.
A delicious bread basket was served with different kinds of breads and flatbreads. Everything is a la carte so you have to order a starch or vegetable if you want it. This is really a meat place but since I quit meat a year ago I ordered the tuna which I had rare. It was served with 3 types of sauces on the side and very good. My husband had a bone in rib eye steak and said it was excellent. We had potatoes on the side which were also very good. Drinks- CG has a nice varied wine list especially those by the glass. I had several glasses of my favorite Pinot Noir & hubby had a few single malt scotches. When it came time for dessert our wonderful attentive server brought a complementary dessert with happy birthday written in chocolate on the plate which included cheese cake and a thick chocolate timbale type thing. All in all we had a great special meal. The service at CG is excellent and as a matter of fact we received a beautiful thank you from our server in the mail, astonishing in this day and age! CG comes highly recommended just remember to bring your wallet and somebody else's too! Side note- Although it is located in a busy mall there is an outside entrance and valet parking which is a plus.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

It's not my first time on this restaurant but now I decided to write a review since I was very satisfied with my visit. I was here on a business meeting last week. The servers are very knowledgeable with the menu, polite and attentive. The moment we got in, a basket of assorted bread was put on the table. I ordered Clam Chowder soup which was perfectly prepared. For my meal, I decided to try the lobster/crab cake sandwich . It didn't disappoint me. It was just fabulous and very fresh.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Had a great, but expensive meal at the Capital Grill. It was my husband's birthday and he is a red meat lover so I decided on The Capital Grille at the Garden State Plaza in Paramus. The interior is a typical upscale steakhouse vibe, lots of wood and dim lighting. We were shown to a cozy booth that was decorated for my husband's birthday which also included a card from the restaurant wishing him a happy birthday, a very nice touch. To start I had an appetizer of chilled king crab legs with two tasty dipping sauces, it's hard to ruin king crab legs and I enjoyed them. My daughter had fresh mozzarella in prosciutto which was grilled. She kindly shared a taste with us and it was delicious. My husband had some kind of a shrimp in garlic sauce which was good but not spectacular. For an entree both my husband and daughter had the filet mignon they that loved and while I'm not a meat eater I did have a taste and it was delicious and so tender that you didn't need the steak knife that they served with it. I did not care for the two different fish entrees offered so I opted for the appetizer of lobster and crab cakes for my dinner. They were excellent, full of crab and lobster and not a lot of filler. We also ordered a side of creamed spinach which was deliciously garlicky and augratin potatoes. Both sides were large portions but of course, as in most steakhouses, they were an extra cost. For dessert, my husband was served a complimentary dessert plate that had Happy Birthday written in chocolate along with a miniature cheesecake and miniature chocolate flourless cake with a candle in it. It was a nice touch in addition to being delicious, my favorite was the chocolate cake. All in all it was a very good meal but extremely expensive and I am not sure it is worth a return trip as there are many steakhouses in the area that are not quite so expensive.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Pricy restaurant but well worth it -- amazing service on par with the best of the best in NYC, excellent food, energetic atmosphere. Told them it was a birthday dinner, and they had confetti on the table, a birthday card hand written waiting for us, and a birthday dessert as well. Very attentive staff.