“Overall OK, but not as that great as most reviews show”

Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Paramus
Reviewed 1 August 2017

My first time staying with Comfort Inn. After reading all the positive reviews, I made quick decision on where we stay for weekend getaway. Room is clean but stuffy, you have to keep the temperature at 60 F to avoid smelly air. Nice bed and shower though. Breakfast is ok, not much selections. I would say it is a reasonable stay, not a great value.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a great place to stay - clean rooms, friendly staff. There is no elevator to the second floor, so the desk clerk offered to carry my bags to the second floor if I needed help!

The shower is terrific, comfortable bed, good pillows. The space is set up very efficiently to get a bunch of furniture (plus microwave, fridge, and large TV) into a space smaller than most Comfort Inns, and it doesn't feel cramped at all.

The location is good in terms of being near lots of shopping, but the entrance and exit from traffic into the hotel parking lot was a bit harrowing for this out-of-towner! I got the hang of it after the second or third try.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2017

The entire hotel staff is extremely amenable and very easy to work with. The front desk staff are very knowledgeable about places to grab a meal or order in. The rooms are always super clean and the housekeeping staff go out of their way to accommodate individual schedules. I've stayed there many times and always enjoyed my stay completely. I'd encourage you to give them a try. You won't be disappointed. I'm looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2017

This hotel overall is a great value. We stayed two nights for a trip to NYC. The rates here are much more reasonable for a short drive to the city. The staff was very friendly and answered all our questions, the rooms were clean and cozy, and I did enjoy their breakfast. The only issue I had was the bathroom. We were in a handicap accessible room for someone on our trip. The bathroom itself was a great size, but there wasn't much counter space, the floors were slick which posed a problem for the person we were with, and the shower itself didn't have a seat built in which would have been easier than the small bench provided. With that said, we made it work and I would absolutely stay here again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Stayed here in earlier this month for a couple of nights. Due to late check-in, we got a room on the second floor. The hotel has no elevators, and the guests are expected to schlep the luggage up ten steep stairs. The night clerk was rude and indifferent to the discomfort of guests hauling the luggage upstairs. After complaining to the manager, we got help with our luggage on checkout. Kudos to the front desk manager, and other staff (except night clerk) for being patient and trying to help the guests. My prayers are with the guests on the second floor, if there is ever an emergency evacuation. Otherwise, overall a pretty decent hotel for the price, clean and full of amenities expected in a midrange hotel/motel franchise.

Room Tip: Unless you are physically fit or have no luggage, no kids and no wheel chairs, insist on a first flo...