“What a Dump!”

Red Roof Inn Parsippany
Ranked #10 of 16 Hotels in Parsippany
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I made a reservation here based on the positive reviews. I can't believe that people actually think this is a nice place to stay! I'm wondering if the positive reviews were written by hotel employees or bots.

This hotel obviously hasn't been updated since it was built, probably in the 1970s. The room was tiny, crowded (king bed), shabby, and not at all attractive. it was downright depressing. Thank goodness I was there for just one night!

The photo on the website must be from another hotel somewhere else. The room I stayed in didn't look nearly that nice.

The only ice machine is up near the teeny tiny office in the front. There is no free breakfast as offered by most major chain hotels these days, and the property is on a one-way highway that's not easy to navigate if one is unfamiliar with the area. When I asked about breakfast, I was directed to IHOP, across the highway, which involved a series of convoluted turns. I opted instead to head north to Boonton, where I was lucky to find a delightful coffee shop (Boonton Coffee) in that picturesque little town right off the interstate.

I would NEVER recommend this motel to anyone, regardless of how nice the desk clerk may be! I would have gladly paid more to stay in a nicer place.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Trop2
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, I so sorry to hear to your experience. We are scheduled for renovation soon we have currently done some improvements and thrive on our team going out of their way to assist guests and make their stay pleasant.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I enjoy my stay at Red Roof Inn in Parsippany, NJ. They treat me very well. Marsha is wonderful. She is great at her job, and treats me very well. Internet is very good. Beds are comfortable. They have made some improvements. New outdoor lights, benches, new paint job.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us I am glad to hear, Marsha from my team offers you great service, I will positively share your feedback with her.
I am glad to hear you are enjoying the improvements we made.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have stayed here three additional separate stays since my original review from November 2016. Happy to share that each stay was excellent. Efficient check in/reservation process. Clean and comfortable rooms. Engaging friendly staff. Such a nice safe clean quiet place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs, I will for sure share with my team
your feedback.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

We look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I came here once before last year and the service was great. I'm glad to say it still is. I'm here to visit some family and the setup was as quick as last time. Made a fast reservation over the phone and when I went in Marcia still remembered who I was. Tried out a few more restaurants this time around here and they're wonderful! When I return for another trip I'll be making my stay here.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with us I am glad our team member remembered you.
also glad to hear you enjoyed the restaurants around us .

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

This was the third nights stay at this location for my husband and his friends on this Baseball trip. The superior King rooms were Plus and the amenities and service indicated it was a cut above. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. There were a fridge and microwave in the room. The hotel was non-smoking, free wi-fi, free parking and a well kept outside. The staff was helpful and friendly and we ordered food that was delivered to the room. Very nice stay for 5 seniors.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
RedRoofParsippany, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience, with us I am so glad to hear that they enjoyed their stay and enjoyed the amenities offered in the room. and also they were able to order food which was delivered to the room,

We look forward to serving you soon again when your lodging needs arise.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parsippany
4.2 km away
2.8 km away
HYATT house Parsippany-East
HYATT house Parsippany-East
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Red Roof Inn Parsippany? Share your experiences!