“Ok,but overpriced”
Review of Seabra's Armory

Seabra's Armory
Reserve with OpenTable
Seabra's Armory is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 85 Restaurants in Perth Amboy
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street & Gordon Street
Description: Welcome to The Armory. Located directly on Perth Amboy's historic waterfront, The Armory is a hidden jewel that showcases a unique and beautiful view of the Raritan Bay and the New York borough of Staten Island. This completely restored naval ammunition building was once used during World Wars I & II and is now acclaimed to be one of New Jersey's finest historical treasures. Summer Hours for the kitchen are as follows: Monday thru Thursday : 11:30am to 10pm Friday thru Saturday : 11:30am to 11pm Sunday : 12pm to 10pm Summer Hours for the Tiki-bar are as follows: Monday thru Thursday : 11:30am to 11pm Friday thru Saturday : 11:30am to Midnight Sunday : 12pm to 11pm Thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 28 July 2016

The service was good but the food was ok.
We visited on a Sunday afternoon at 2pm so it was quite accounting for the good service.
I ordered the broiled sole and it was ok but bland.
My wife had the shrimp which was better but fried.
The bargain was $3 Sagres beer.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

I had the Paelha Marinara and it was excellent. Nice water front view while having lunch and a cocktail. Service was excellent and staff was friendly. I will be back.

Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to return to The Armory after a few years of not going. We arrived on a beautiful night. The atmosphere is well done next to the bay. Unfortunately that is the ONLY thing going for it nowadays. Boy has this place fallen from grace over the years. We were originally told 45-1 hour for seating, when we began walking away they seated us immediately, clearly indicating a ploy to get us to go to the adjacent outdoor bar to purchase inflated priced drinks. We promptly ordered two rodizios. As waiters whisked around with the assorted meats, the completely ignored us for over 40 minutes. The waiter was completely unaware of really anything going on in his section. The food was slow to come around even once we began getting it. I would NOT recommend to friends or family. This is not a good place for dinner any longer. Several better places for dinner in Monmouth and Middlesex counties. Certainly not worth the 30$ per entrée. I do not like giving out 1/5 stars, and rarely does it happen to me. Save yourself the trouble and Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

5  Thank Christopher T
Reviewed 5 June 2016

6/4/16 We went to Seabras to celebrate a birthday.Reservation for 16 was made. So you would think they are used to large parties because of their location.(ie waterfront property). We were seated at 7 and waited almost 30 minutes or more before our orders were taken.Our waiter was Alberto who was either inexperienced or overwhelmed. Once orders were taken and things started to fall apart we asked Alberto for the manager his response was "he's around somewhere never wanting to point him out.When making request or inquiries about ourorders his response was always "I can't or the kitchen is busy",.....Who does that ?!! I am praying for services and this is the response?.....Really?!! Once the food arrived at about 9:15 everthing continued to go wrong. Orders were wrong, food overcooked, under cooked, sent back/rejected, orders unfilled. Needless to say the dinner was completely ruined! As the restaurant emptied the manager decided to make himself known. After going back and forth with said manager he comped a few things as well as offering free desserts.The gesture was nice but a little too late! The nice thing I can say is that the view is nice. To summarize if you have money to waste on below standard food/dining experience with a nice view. Then this is the place for you. As for me I WILL NOT BE RETURNING TO THE ARMORY NOR WILL I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE!

1  Thank partyplannerl
Reviewed 31 May 2016

In a great location on the water in a Historic Building, the restaurant has a Portugal theme and a Copenhagen Denmark price point. Excellent service and a diverse menu, the portions are tasty and hefty but so is the cost. A nice place for a special occasion, but the average person in that area could not afford to go there on the average night out. It has great views but you are going to pay for it!

1  Thank Albert P