“Really enjoyed our mid-afternoon lunch”

Romeo's Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Plainsboro
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We had intended to get to lunch earlier but but the time we got going it was nearly 3 in the afternoon. We were a bit further delayed when we verified with Romeo's that we'd have to BYOB our wine. We stopped by the nearby liquor and wine store and picked out a nice chianti.

There were only a couple other diners in Romeo's when we got there. The waiter kindly opened our bottle of wine and suggested some of the specials. We enjoyed a rather unique asparagus appetizer, and I had the seafood bisque while my wife had a salad. Our main dishes were very good. I had the chicken Sanremo and, wow!, it was really tasty. Chicken, sun dried tomatoes and roasted red peppers in a pink cream sauce over pasta. My wife had the veal parmigiana which was also very good. And the whole bill was less than $60. Of course we brought on own wine, but that was quite fun and cost less than it would have to buy it in a restaurant. I could get used to this BYOB thing!

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating at Romeo's for almost 30 years. We started going there a few months after it opened. We have always had wonderful experiences. The food is great, the service is wonderful and they already treat you like family. This it truly the best Italian restaurant in the Princeton area.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We recently returned to Romeo's in Plainsboro for lunch on Saturday. It's a pizzeria on o e side and a linen tablecloths restaurant on the other. We went for the restaurant side, it's a BYO too, which is another plus.

They do several things very well. The calamari is a favorite. The rings are large and it comes with a red sauce. The dinner rolls are made from pizza dough. They are pretty good. I always order the linguini puttanesca. It runs about $10 and is consistently excellent.

Service is pretty good considering there weren't too many people on the restaurant side at lunchtime.

It's good food at a reasonable price.

Are there drawbacks? You don't come here for the decor. It wouldn't be described as romantic. The food is good, though.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Romeo's Restaurant is a very nice place to eat Pizza. A lot of options in a nice place. One ot the best Italian restaurant in the area.
As usual, the food was great. The service is consistently friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Both sides of Romeo's - the more official "restaurant", and the pizza side, are terrific. My husband and I agree they make some of the best pizza in the tri-state area, hands down! Without a doubt, our go-to local place for pizza. Family owned, cheerful and friendly staff. Also, love the continual play of Italian classics on their sound system to enhance our dining experience. But the pizza . . .. lots of varieties to choose from right in front of you, and they are all wonderful.