“Hidden gem”
Review of Origins Bistro

Origins Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

The place was empty when we went in at 6:30... scary lol... but within the hour it was packed! Excellent food, terrific service!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This is a very small place so call and get a reservation. Food is first class. Fresh and delicious. Very talented chef! It amazes me people go to other restaurants in the area that the food is no where near this quality but people still go based on an outdated reputation. Give this place a try let them impress you.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Decided to come here last minute. We have been wanting to try it out and so glad we did!! There are only about 9 tables here, small and quiet. The menu is mostly organic and fairly diverse. We had the mussels app. The mussels were fresh and the broth fragrant and delish. I had the duck, perfectly cooked with a berry reduction, green beans and potatoes. My hub had the lobster ravioli special with shrimp and a vodka sauce, both were excellent. Once server and a one to follow behind made for excellent service. Nice little gem in my neighborhood!

1  Thank Bailey2004
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

With such a shortage of good restaurants in the point pleasant area finding this little cafe gives me some hope. Very small place and cozy allows for nice conversation with friends. I think if I had anything negative to say would be the menu could be a little more adventurous.

I had the lobster corn chowder which was excellent. All others in my party had a salad which all said was very good.

For main course I had swordfish which was very good over spiced mashed potatoes. Everyone else had steak or lamb and all seemed satisfied.

We passed on dessert and settled for some coffee which was very good.

It's a BYOB place and pretty sure we will visit this bistro again.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Origins is a storefront restaurant with a very nice owner. The menu is small but they do a good job.