“Best option in the area”
Review of Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Point Pleasant Beach
Surfside Motel
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Pt. Pleasant is lacking in hotels as most people rent shore houses. This hotel is clean, located within walking distance of the boardwalk, and has a nice pool. The pricing (I was there off season) is reasonable. One small thing they could do to greatly improve the rooms is upgrade the quality of the comforter/blankets/pillows. They don't need W level bedding, just something a little nicer and pillows that aren't flat as a board.

My main complaint about this place is how far they go to keep it family friendly. It's understandable that a lot of people looking to party might book here and there I applaud them for trying to create a family friendly environment, but the approach they take is very aggressive and unsettling. It is a put off to people who don't even have any intentions of partying. There are signs located all over and a list of exhaustive rules provided at check in. I think they could get the point across without being so aggressive. Furthermore, they are so strict about the one car per room rule. I had 3 adults in one room with 2 cars. I requested to park in the lot and was denied. At 1 am there were over a dozen spots unoccupied. It wasn't a major deal to park across the street, but just an unnecessary argument when they could have been accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank CJ222

Reviewed 31 August 2012

The Jersey Shore has a million Motels like this one sprinkled up and down our gorgeous coast. Some are good, some...you wouldn't put a stray dog into. THIS place was an incredible find!! First...I gaurantee that you will not find a cleaner place to stay...in any price range. We have been very fortunate to stay on some incredible properties over the years...but this place is clean, clean, clean. It is simple BUT so well maintained. There is a very nice pool (heated) that is cleaned everyday...sparkling. Deck chairs wiped down...daily. Neat as a pin. They hand you fliers upon check in with do's and don'ts...I liked that. It was sort of...I don't know..military! But it gave you a clear idea of what is expected. Everyone is so friendly and helpful...my 13 year old forgot his Iphone charger and they went out of their way to find one he could borrow to charge it.
We parked the car there (free) and walked for two days. Check out Jack Baker's Patio Bar (behind the hotel)...which my kids LOVE. They get to dance to live bands and feel grown up. Its a 5 minute walk to the north end boardwalk. The ONLY complaint I have about this place is there are no in-room coffee pots and there is no where close by to get coffee in the morning. Other than that...this family-oriented Jersey Motel is JUST RIGHT.

4  Thank samdanmom
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We just came back from 4 days at the Surfside Motel in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. The motel was a great part of our vacation. We had 2 double rooms which were beautifully maintained. Extremely clean, very courteous service at the front desk and room service. The pool was immaculate. Free guest passes to the beach are provided daily and free wi-fi for the computer. There is not a single thing I could negatively write about.

3  Thank cpateach1
Reviewed 19 August 2012

If you happen to come by Wholly Cow How Disgusting he totally rated the wrong Motel. None of the rooms even have a microwave!!!!! This motel is by far the CLEANEST on the Jersey Shore. Rooms & grounds are kept immaculate. I stay here 2-3 times a year with my family & I also come just with my husband. They are non stop sweeping, cleaning the pool, wiping down the chairs & railings. As far as the staff being rude, that's another lie. I called at the last minute to come down for a few days & they didn't have the same room available for 2 nights in a row they just had 1 king room for one night & a double for another. I asked if I could have both joking around & they let me check in & out & use those rooms so I was able to stay the 2 nights:) There is a patio bar & restaurant directly behind the motel which is very good & reasonable. You can eat inside or outside & every night between 6 & 10 they have a band. The owner lives on the property & is very hands on & friendly. I have been coming here for years now & yes it's a little dated but I would much rather take clean & peaceful to a modern dump.... No matter when we go we always see familiar faces because like us they return yearly. Don't listen to any of the negative reviews they are probably disgruntle motel competitors! Good Luck you won't regret it!

Room Tip: You cannot smoke outside your room, so if you are a smoker opt for the lower level they have a few d...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Renee c
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We went to the shore on August 4th, 2012 and figured if we found a vacancy we would stay. Well we pulled in here and booked a room. Check in was easy and with our rate we received our free beach passes for 5, our parking tag and a map of the area with some suggestions of where to eat, get coffee , supplies etc. We walked the few blocks to the beach and when we returned our room was ready. The room was small, but clean, there was small refrigerator and the AC was incredibly cold. The pool was open from 9 to 9 and was heated, my family loved the 87 degree temperature.

Even though we only stayed one night we had full access to all amenities for both days, parking, pool, ice, beach passes and access to a bathroom if needed. I had no issues with rude staff members or too many rules as others have stated, I assume the rules they are talking about was the recently enacted rule of no smoking in the rooms or within 20 feet of the hotel. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

4  Thank Darren S