“Decent local steakhouse ”
Review of Shipwreck Point

Shipwreck Point
Reserve with OpenTable
Shipwreck Point is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Upscale Steakhouse on the inlet in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Our first visit. Crab cake and tuna tartare appetizers were good; next time I’d try the oysters. Filet and strip steak were fine, better than most steak places locally but nothing exceptional; the sauce that came on the side (they offer several, but the server did not ask and we neglected to specify) was odd — too sweet - but unnecessary. Valet parking is a nice touch, the view and location are charming, and the dining room was busy but not overcrowded. Noise level is high though, especially in the bar; not a place for quiet conversation, at least on a Saturday night. Well made if pricey cocktails( one martini, one coke =$20). We’ll go back.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Everything was outstanding! The steaks were delicious and cooked to perfection. The menu has a great variety of steaks along with delicious fish options as well. The lobster bisque was especially delicious, and the popovers were a nice treat. The wine list offers an excellent selection, and the cocktails were creative and tasty. The entire staff was friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Went for a family dinner and was disappointed. I ordered a drink from the bar while we waited for our other family members to arrive. The drink was OK. Waiter was very friendly. Ordered another drink when we sat down at the table. Had to return it. I ordered Kettle one and tonic. I got Kettle One on the rocks. Sent it back and got another drink. That one tasted like the tonic water was flat. I gave up on the drinks and ordered an unsweetened ice tea. That tasted like fish. Decided water was the safest thing. When the bread lady put the bread on the table she only gave us (4) pats of butter but there were six of us at the table. I asked for more butter but never got it. They serve hot popovers for bread and they were delicious even without the butter. Ordered shrimp cocktail for appetizer Only got 3 shrimp but they were very good. Had filet mignon for main course. That was very good too. Desserts were very good. We ordered an assortment for the table. Overall the food was very good and the waiter was very pleasant. They need a new bartender. It was very expensive and the dining room was very noisy. It was like eating in a cafeteria. After the crowd died down it was a much more comfortable atmosphere. There is a municipal parking lot across the street and they do have valet parking as well. Not sure I would go back again.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My family and I recently had dinner at shipwreck point. We are locals and never had the pleasure of eating at this restaurant so we thought we give it a try for my daughter's birthday. Our appetizers as well as our meals were absolutely delicious! Nice view of the inlet, staff friendly and courteous can't wait to come back! Beware this is a high-end restaurant so the price reflects it but I felt it was well worth the money!

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I ate here and left with such a headache. Some diners were so loud and annoying it ruined the meal. Management should have tried to calm them down but did nothing. Food was mediocre and overpriced . Their website said they have valet parking but did not during the week. They told us to park on the street and we wouldn't get a ticket - how did they know that???? There are things that could be done to improve the acoustics but apparently they can't be bothered. I would NEVER go to this restaurant again.