“One of my favorites in Point”

The Poached Pear Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Poached Pear Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THE POACHED PEAR BISTRO Located at 816 Arnold Ave in the beautiful shore community of Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey The Poached Pear Bistro is a stylish, yet family friendly, BYO contemporary American restaurant featuring excellent food and reasonable prices in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Chef-owner Scott Giordano, formerly executive chef at Whispers in Spring Lake, NJ, and sous chef at the Saddle River Inn in Saddle River, NJ, and his highly professional kitchen and wait staff are committed to providing patrons with a truly pleasing and memorable dining experience. Close
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I are wine people so we love BYOB! This is one of our favorite restaurants ! The food is delicious (hey scallops and garlic shrimp app) . We have never had a bad meal here and we’ve gone numerous times. We even had a monthly standing reservation to make sure we got a table in the summer months since we are local. The decor makes you feel like you are in someone’s very chic home! Definitely a must try if you are in the area!

1  Thank Renee H

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Chose to dine out the Sunday before Valentine's Day with my Wife/Valentine. Chose the Poached Pear because of recommendations from friends. This was a wonderful place for a date. Quiet enough to speak to each other in civil tones. Comfortable, pleasant surroundings. Soft Music. Friendly professional staff. Fantastic menu and fresh delicious food combinations. Desserts that were amazing. And all of this for a very fair price.
Best date restaurant in town. And believe me, we have tried most of the places in this town.

1  Thank Antny P
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is a experience to have. Went for my birthday. The mushroom tart was to die for. My crab cake lobster special was excellent. My husband had the butternut squash soup which was so good. Lamb chops cooked to perfection. Service is excellent. I cant say enough good things about this place. Is a little pricey but with this quailty of food you dont mind paying a little extra. Nice atmosphere. They dont rush you. Reservations a must at least a week before on weekends. We were looking for a new place for fine dining at shore we have found it. Hats offf to the chef and Manager.
Thecips

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This is a wonderful restaurant from the service to the meals. Exquisite cuisine. Enjoy a long evening of superb dining.

1  Thank Paulette F
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

Good food and most of the menu was gluten free. Nice atmosphere, our waitress Desiree was super sweet.

1  Thank saraheinzinger