“Thought it was a chain- pleasantly surprised!”
Review of Seasons 52

Seasons 52
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 214 Restaurants in Princeton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I was invited to a business dinner here. Was expecting very average cuisine. It was really quite good. Excellent fish combined with well coordinated wines. Will return often

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I recently visited Seasons 52 Princeton, NJ location, when my daughter and son in law treated me to dinner on Mother's Day 2018. Reservations were made as it tends to get crowded there on weekends. It was very dark inside when I arrived but I guess that was the idea to set an intimate atmosphere. Dark woodwork on walls and dark tables as well, uncovered and exposed. First thing I didn't like was my drink. I ordered a Mojito and it was terribly sweet. It was strong so I can't complain about that part, but I don't think any bar drink should ever be that! sweet. Water was given only upon request and I surely needed it. The menus are seasonal and they are also open for lunch. I ordered a cup of the potato leek soup with bacon and chives. I thought it was very good and tasty. I wouldn't rave about it, but was very pleased. It was a very small portion but very rich and tasty. The service was not quick but adequate. Our entrees all then arrived and each were hot and the plating very pretty. Mine was the wood grilled pork tenderloin. Usually one can't go wrong with pork and I was right about that. With it was mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The entree was just the right amount for me and I was very satisfied. Again, I wouldn't rave about it, because it was done nicely. Along with my entree I ordered a side of the truffle mac n' cheese which I think was the best thing of all. I shared that with my daughter and son in law. It was baked in a small square ramkin and consisted of gruyere and chedder, roasted cauliflower puree, mushrooms, and a panko crust. Just delicious! I was full at that point so thought I could not possibly eat a dessert. However, I soon found out that unlike most restaurants, Seasons 52 has a different idea about desserts. They are all made in those long but small size shot glasses and each are priced at $3. Brought out on a tray, the server tells you what each shot glass contains and you take your pick. I got the key lime pie which was gone in about 4 spoonfuls. Good but nothing to rave about. None of us ordered coffee and I was a guest so didn't see the check. Like I said over and over here, nothing to rave about, but I wasn't disappointed except for the drink, so I would have to give the place a rating of "very good." Check out all of their menu offerings on line. I would describe the menu American fare for the most part that has been "stepped up" in its preparation.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

While the atmosphere was beautiful, the food not so much. I realize they offer healthy choices, but I left hungry, amazed that people seemed to enjoy it. Prices were reasonable until you order a glass of wine. First visit, and last.

1  Thank Tina A
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We were 2 couples we started with the Tuna tartar which was scrumptious, (fresh chopped Tuna, pilled on top of avocado, & mango salsa), stuffed mushrooms, and leek potato soup, everyone enjoyed their starter. For the main courses we had 2 meat loafs,Chilean sea bass and rainbow trout. I substituted the black rice for cheddar grits that comes with the Chilean sea bass.All food was made to perfection and superb. Recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Seasons 52 for the excellent food, which was hot and tasty, the friendly service and the attractive atmosphere of the restaurant. The manager came over and spoke to and answered our questions. This was our first visit, but we will coming back again and again