US$110
US$85
US$173
US$152
Doubletree.com
Hyatt Place Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$149
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$139
US$111
US$99
Hampton Inn Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$107
Hampton.com
Chauncey Conference Center(Princeton)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$141
Chauncey Hotel
All reviewsyankee doodlepalmer squarehistoric hotelparking garageprinceton universityfantastic locationnew jerseytapstudentsconference
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I've stayed here several times only because of its prime location near the university. Everything is within walking distance which is great. It has very few competitors (especially of that size) and knows it! Was there for graduation week and the hotel was packed to bursting. So what's good? This historic landmark has friendly and helpful reception staff, clean-ish rooms (looked under the bed for a missing shoe and found old sweets, wrappers, someone else's hosiery and a nice layer of dust!), honest and efficient housekeeping, comfortable beds, decent linens, TV, hairdryer, coffee maker, iron and ironing board, safe (no minibar though). Free decent WIFI. What's not so good? Really sense that the lack of competition dampens any effort to improve this outdated and slightly run down establishment. We were told our room was in the new wing and frankly, nothing at all looked new, especially not the electrics!), decent sized room though, bathroom ok in working order but old fittings with plastic shower curtain and hand rail fell down, drab and outdated furniture, poor acoustics (you can hear others in the hallway and going in and out of their rooms). Due to it being full for graduation week, breakfast was served in a drab conference room with round tables with free seating. Hardly any staff, cold and lacklustre buffet food, dreadful coffee, not a highlight! Tried the main restaurant on the last day for breakfast, not much better but ok. Tried the bar in the evening. What can I say? Again, slightly run down and uninspiring, which is perhaps why the lady who served us looked like she'd rather be anywhere else but there. You can reserve parking but it's in a public garage a short walk away. Be aware that for graduation week, they hike their room prices up (which I think is really naughty), with upfront payment and no refund if you cancel. In summary, wish the hotel would stop resting on its laurels and lack of competition and spend some money (it certainly charges enough) to bring the hotel into the 20th century. For what you pay, you're left feeling a little cheated.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NicolaFox135
Reviewed 4 June 2018

A storied historic property in beautiful Palmer Square. Walk to many unique shops and restaurants and, of course, Princeton U. Not a glitzy new property by any means, this historic inn is filled with Princeton history, great English "clubby" furniture and well appointed spacious rooms. Check out the original Norman Rockwell in the tavern. The feel of 18th century America is paired with the utmost in guest comforts.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I used to live in Princeton and chose the Nassau Inn because you really cannot beat the location. That being said the hotel was really just not up to par. Although we were placed away from the elevator we still dealt with consistent noise throughout the evenings due to ultra thin walls. There were a couple of times I wanted to go and try and hush the people in the hallway before realizing, they were really speaking in normal tones and going about the business of getting to and from their rooms. This alone would have been enough to discourage me from going again but this in conjunction with the size of the room and the general old money, older space and simultaneous lacking of the charm that one MIGHT find within that it really felt like we were swindled. I will also add that we opted out of parking in the deck about half a block away because of the charge. We happened to recall a spot where there was free parking a couple of blocks away and as such declined the service. Oddly enough, the young women at the counter actually had the gaul to question where we had decided to park; excuse me miss? do you normally ask your costumers to explain when they decline your overpriced services? Moving forward I definitely intend to try out the Peacock Inn a few blocks off center. The prices are a bit higher but I am willing to pay with having had this experience in the hope that the rooms and building are in better shape and that the staff is better trained.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmlattimore
Reviewed 9 May 2018

My husband and me stayed at the Nassau Inn in April 2018. We were there for a wedding that took place in the hotel as well. Very clean rooms and hotel, staff very polite and helpful.
I have lost my wedding band in the room. They found it and kept it safe till my cousin came to pick it up the next week. So many thanks to the honest staff!!! Thank you again all :-)

Room Tip: we stayed at room 407 and it was great!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
nassaugm, Guest Relations Manager at Nassau Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Dear Tammy M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Nassau Inn experience with us on TripAdvisor. We could not be happier that our staff located your wedding band and got it safely back to you! We sincerely appreciate your kind words with regard to the cleanliness of our rooms as well as our polite and friendly staff. Our staff prides themselves on providing the highest levels of service, comfort and cleanliness so we thank you for you feedback and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again. Should your future plans include another visit to the Princeton area we hope that you will choose the Nassau Inn. Please feel free to reach out to me for any requests or needs in the future. I can be reached at (609) 921-7500.
Yours in Hospitality,
Nick Ballas
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Rooms were small. No comfortable place to sit other than the bed. Bathrooms outdated. SKIP the Restaurant! The restaurant/bar staff are unfriendly and unwelcoming. We were 'bumped' from a table in the restaurant at 3 p.m. on a Friday afternoon because we only wanted a drink. We went outside to the Patio and was told the only place we could sit was at a hightop. When we explained our mother (92 and walked in with a walker) could not sit at a hightop the server said "the manager will give me a hard time if I serve you drinks". We asked to speak to the manager. When he arrived and before we could explain the challenge their "policy" created for us, he said "RELAX". He was very condescending. On Saturday night after the wedding we attended we went to the bar for a nightcap. The barmaid was absolutely miserable! She acted as though she was there against her will. I have never stayed in a hotel where the restaurant staff was less interested in giving their guests a positive experience.

Stayed: May 2018