“Never disappoints”
Review of O Bistro Francais

O Bistro Francais
Reserve with OpenTable
O Bistro Francais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 149 Restaurants in Red Bank
Reviewed 4 March 2018

My boyfriend and I love this place. I'm French and the atmosphere, the music and the food make this a slice of home in the middle of New Jersey. I'm working our way through the menu and everything I have had has been on point and something which is rare, always comes out piping hot!
I have already had the Salad Frisee aux lardons and it is amazing! The escargots are served with a modern touch and abundant. The pate de campagne was a trip down memory lane. Last night I had the mussels, and they were delicious! The portion is again very generous. The mussels are small, which for me is a bonus because I find they taste better that way. They come with a white wine broth with onions, garlic and thyme, all chopped super small and blending in VERY well!
For the main course, I have had the Pork in mustard sauce, D-lish! Steak Frites, a simple but staple in every French restaurant at home. My BF is a huge fan of the Steak au Poivre because they make it with green peppercorn. Last night, I had the special Sautéed Dover Sole and it was such a refined dish. It came with a little bit of green beans and carrots, and some Basil Rice. The see was perfectly cooked and melted in my mouth.
No dessert because their bread is so good, we had some with every dish and had no room :(
Highly recommend this place to anyone who wants a French culinary experience!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Coming from somebody who has been to the best restaurants in Paris and New York (Pardon the trumpeting !) this is saying something. But seriously this is 1 of the best restaurants tucked in a nondescript corner of Red Bank, NJ (opposite a WaWa, nonetheless !). Try the Lamb in cannelloni beans and the Fish in phyllo dough - you will not be disappointed. BYOB of course.

Reviewed 26 January 2018

This has become our favorite in Red Bank. Frederic, part owner and greeter is gone, but that's not a bad thing. Service can be spotty and the waitstaff seems to constantly change, but the food makes up for it. The decor has improved. It no longer looks like the pizza place it used to be. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank NJBeachCouple
Reviewed 2 January 2018

This is not a place for a quick meal.. thank the Lord. The food we had on New Year's Eve was very good and it was warm inside. I had onion soup, pate and sole.. my wife had the same except duck liver for an app. The server, Jimmy, did his best to please us and did so even though the place was fairly busy. I feel some diners do not understand the food is cooked to order and this is not an American style quick meal joint. Accordingly, the food takes longer to prepare with a longer wait between courses. However, the meals we had were very good and we enjoy talking to each other during the dinner. We also dislike being rushed. if that's how you like to dine then this place is for you. Note the tables for two are small and close together... but no big deal for us.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This is a French restaurant run by a Frenchman. It is not pretentious, serves good food and you can bring your own wine. The unfortunate thing is it is not in the busy downtown area of Red Bank and not in a great building. Have eaten here twice and enjoyed the food.