Lowest prices for your stay
US$205
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$205
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Trip.com
US$197
Hotels.comUS$205
PricelineUS$205
eDreamsUS$205
All reviews molly pitcher navesink river nice stay monmouth county view of the water bridal shower wedding event venue planning server maitre nj shore concert christian
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 July 2021 via mobile

Wow. Forced to stay here on a road trip, otherwise would never consciously or willingly stay here. I’ll start with the positives. 1) The towels are probably the nicest, thickest towels of any hotel in this category that I’ve stayed at. 2)The pool is very decent, better than the hotel. 3) Great live piano on Friday night, cool dark leather/wood bar.
Moving away from positives; Staff everywhere was half decent. Bell boys were lazy and uninterested. Girls by the pool were the most cheerful of all. Cleaning lady was also very nice. I left her a tip because I’m convinced she’s the only reason these old and awful rooms don’t look even worse. Light switches and outlets from the - who knows!? Original build - everything! Is from the original build! I’m 34 and I’ve never seen things so old. The faucet has to be in the running for New Jersey’s oldest faucet. It takes 5 seconds to clean all the grime from the shower head and would go a long way. They don’t even have a floor lamp and the room is dark. Luckily no smell I’ve read on other reviews. The bed was comfortable, but I used my Tshirt as pillowcase. I forgot another positive - free parking! Tired and dated. Wallpaper peeling off the wall. Ugh. Never so happy to be checked out of a hotel.

Room tip: Avoid… staying here.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank DinedThereSippedThat
Reviewed 4 May 2021 via mobile

Although the facility itself is historic and pretty our room was very small no water no coffee maker. We specifically asked For the room to be cleaned the second day only to return at 7 PM to find it hadn’t been done. We left for the evening and returned at 10 PM and still the room had not been cleaned nor the beds changed. A wonderful security officer helped us find bedding to change the beds ourselves. I wonder if there’s even housekeeping staff on a Sunday? There were multiple events end it was a very crowded hotel. At the front desk Checking out we were informed by front desk staff That although our service has been requested they can see it had not been done. Further at check-in we had signed the agreement to the room right therefore there would be no reduction.

Will be back to red Bank frequently and will not stay at the Molly pitcher again.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Stayed for a weekend getaway with my girlfriend, but all we got was a rotten smell in the room. I’m guessing the dis colors on the walls went with that . And if you try to ask the oh friendly staff any questions! Not worth a dollar

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2021

Use to stay in hotel very often on work trips . But that will be no more . Rooms have not been updated looks like for 50 years. The bathrooms omg forget it. And this smell ehhh. You can spend less and get more in the area.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2021

A majestic, elegant hotel with a lovely restaurant with beautiful views.

We enjoyed our stay at the Molly Pitcher Inn. The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms are lovely. The pool is gorgeous. The views are great.

We visited in August. With travel restrictions in place due to covid-19, a staycation in our home state was the best we could do this year. We needed to get out the house we were couped up in for months, and this quick trip was a lovely getaway.

We had good and bad experiences here. I attribute the bad to the current situation and hope to someday return to prove to myself this wasn't a normal experience.

The good- the place is gorgeous. The rooms are lovely. The hotel is grand. The outside is grand. The lobby is grand. The check in was friendly. The burrata dish I had at the restaurant was great. The outdoor restaurant is stunning and we enjoyed having drinks on the deck. The pool is beautiful, with great views. The location is awesome - so much within walking distance. Red Bank is a fun town, and there is a lot to do - lots of cafes, restaurants, beaches nearby, shops. What a fun weekend trip place to visit.

The bad- I wish I didn't have anything bad to say about this place, but unfortunately we did have a few service related issues. We checked in and decided to drop by the outdoor restaurant and start off our staycation with some cocktails overlooking the water. The hostess & waitress gave us some grief asking if we had reservations. The place had dozens and dozens of tables and only one table had customers. We explained we just wanted to have some cocktails and they gave us more gruff that were didn't intend to order food. I can understand if the place was packed, but there was noone there and a full staff of waitresses standing around idle. My husband (the most laid back person in the state of NJ finally said "if you don't want our money, we can go somewhere else", and they finally seated and served us. the waitress was not friendly at all and seemed annoyed to have to work. This was a shocking start to our stay at the Inn.
I wish I could say that was it, but it wasn't. The next day we DID have reservations that I had made days before. We experienced gruffness again from the hostess and waitress.
But that wasn't it. The next day I visited the pool. I checked the sign on the gate for the hours. I guess due to covid they reduced the hours (not sure what covid has to do with pool hours. If they didn't have it open at all, I would understand. But it was open, they just devided to abbreviate the hours, but not change the sign on the gate). When I first arrived, there was no pool attendant in sight. No towels. I had to go back to the room and grab a beach towel I brought with me. Not the level of service I expected from a place like this. An hour before closing time, a male staff member magically appeared and kicked me out. Rudely. I expressed surprise because the hours were posted on the gate. He rudely yelled at me "you need to leave now. Get out." I was toweling off and he yelled at me again. I was shocked and angry to be treated that way.
Two other notes - there was no coffee available. I guess they normally have a coffee station in the lobby, but understandly shut it down due to covid. I had to walk 10 minutes to find a coffee shop open. I have to have my coffee in the morning! I was not assumed. The other customers I encountered that morning were equally un-assumed.
To get back into the hotel from the pool required me walking all the way around the hotel, through the parking lot, to the front entrance. I guess they lock the back entrance due to covid. This is nonsense.

So....good and bad. I had a nice stay anyway and shook off the negative parts of our stay.

Date of stay: August 2020