“Food not great for the price. No one speaks well english have repeat ourselve Space very tight.”
Review of Marcello's at The Station - CLOSED

Marcello's at The Station
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Godwin Ave, West Ridgewood Ave
Transit: We are located across the street from Ridgewood train station serviced by NJ Transit and Metro North, with the additional of bus 164, 165 & 175 stop right at our doorsteps.
Description: Marcello's offers seasonal Northern Italian Cuisine. Executive Chef Paul Joseph creates simple and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist. The dramatic interior is an original and unique old world setting. You will experience the pleasures of Italian cooking in a welcoming, romantic and modern restaurant.
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Seems as though the people that work there are are not citizens and are not able to be friendly and interact with their clients. An inspection should be required adn I'm sure these hard working people are underpayed. What a shame us Americasn could do to people in need to work for their families and them Jselves to live. I just hope the high tip I left the onetime never ever went to these young men. J. ANDERSON

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The food and service are excellent but if you are using any dining coupon promotions where the tip is calculated as a percent of the bell (before the discount is applied) be sure to check the calculation of the tip. It is significantly above the advertised percentage.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

we'd been to this restaurant before and enjoyed the food and ambience. We recommended it to our friends who joined us last friday evening. it's a cozy place and pretty quiet even when full, unless the table near you has some very loud talkers. we had the fried calamari appy which was fair andf our friends had a salad which they loved. My girlfriend and I each had the stuffed chicken with pine nuts and spinach. it was ok, although not stuffed, just the cheese and sauce melted on the breast. i would not order it again although she liked it. Her husband had the veal valdostano special. when all entrees except steak are between 19 and 22 dollars, i believe they should mention that this special is $39.00. What a shock at the end!! Believe me, it taught us a lesson-ask first, even with company. We had to ask several times for them to refill our byo wine which they kept elsewhere. Would i return? Probably, but only with my hubby and we'll be very careful about our ordering.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I received a giftcard. On our first trip there, it was a Sunday evening and they were closed for a private party. So we finally tried again a few months later. We had carpaccio for an appetizer. It was very good. Our entrees on the other hand, not so good. My chicken was bland to say the least. My husbands ravioli was average, but there were only 4 on the plate. The portions are way too small for the price. There are way to many much better places in the area to eat...doubtful we will return.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I was surprised at the terrible reviews. My husband and I really enjoyed this restaurant. It is very nicely decorated with various mirrors on the walls. The service was good and the food was very good. We shared an appetizer with fresh mozzarella and seafood. Our entrees were a veal dish and a shrimp dish, both of which were served with well prepared vegetables. We especially enjoyed the Napoleon for dessert which had very flakey layers and a wonderful filling. The previous time we had gone there it was on a Saturday and it was extremely noisy with tables too close together which is why we hadn't gone back in quite awhile. This time we went on a Thursday night. It was less crowded even though it did have a good number of filled tables, so it was quieter.