“Excellent food, good service, decor is a bit overdone”
Review of Marcello's at The Station - CLOSED

Marcello's at The Station
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Godwin Ave, West Ridgewood Ave
Transit: We are located across the street from Ridgewood train station serviced by NJ Transit and Metro North, with the additional of bus 164, 165 & 175 stop right at our doorsteps.
Description: Marcello's offers seasonal Northern Italian Cuisine. Executive Chef Paul Joseph creates simple and classic Italian dishes presented with an innovative and modern twist. The dramatic interior is an original and unique old world setting. You will experience the pleasures of Italian cooking in a welcoming, romantic and modern restaurant.
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We were a party of seven and got knowledgeable and attentive service from our waiter (yes, his english was adequate, but limited). The bread, served w/olive oil was nice and crusty. The seafood appetizer (mixed fried shrimp/calamari) was well prepared,served family style and was ample for all of us. The menu was quite small, but I had veal scallopini (not on the menu) and my wife had the mixed seafood. Apparently, the veal is available on request and was very good. Everyone was satisfied as to portion size. As this was a 91st. birthday celebration, we supplied our own wine, so I can't comment on that area.
The interior is done in what I imagine is supposed to be ducal palazzo revival. If you don't like this rather heavy handed style, dine elsewhere, street parking was o.k. despite the rain.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

There are many restaurants in Ridgewood - I suggest that you try any other restaurant than Marcello's. The location stinks, parking is not readily available, the food is tasteless and overpriced. The menu is extremely limited with 2 choices for chicken, 2 for fish, 2 for veal and 5 for pasta. Did have some specials as we did not order from that selection. When you first walk in, you think that your meal will be as good as the decor is............think again!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Seems as though the people that work there are are not citizens and are not able to be friendly and interact with their clients. An inspection should be required adn I'm sure these hard working people are underpayed. What a shame us Americasn could do to people in need to work for their families and them Jselves to live. I just hope the high tip I left the onetime never ever went to these young men. J. ANDERSON

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The food and service are excellent but if you are using any dining coupon promotions where the tip is calculated as a percent of the bell (before the discount is applied) be sure to check the calculation of the tip. It is significantly above the advertised percentage.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

we'd been to this restaurant before and enjoyed the food and ambience. We recommended it to our friends who joined us last friday evening. it's a cozy place and pretty quiet even when full, unless the table near you has some very loud talkers. we had the fried calamari appy which was fair andf our friends had a salad which they loved. My girlfriend and I each had the stuffed chicken with pine nuts and spinach. it was ok, although not stuffed, just the cheese and sauce melted on the breast. i would not order it again although she liked it. Her husband had the veal valdostano special. when all entrees except steak are between 19 and 22 dollars, i believe they should mention that this special is $39.00. What a shock at the end!! Believe me, it taught us a lesson-ask first, even with company. We had to ask several times for them to refill our byo wine which they kept elsewhere. Would i return? Probably, but only with my hubby and we'll be very careful about our ordering.