“Very good food”

Mado Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in River Edge
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I visited few branches of Mado during my week visit to Istanbul,and all of them were great, I tried grill food, ice cream,choclate banana waffle, and sandwiches. Moderate in price and service is good and quick.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Mado is a well known chain in Istanbul. That is why we tried it in Buyukada. Located right on the pier the view was nice. I ordered manti and was disappointed . We all agreed that Mado should only be for dessert and tea .

Reviewed 14 May 2017

This is a newer establishment in River Edge, but a long time restaurant in Cliffside Park. We were told they opened in River Edge to expand. We were here for dinner and the service was very good as was the food. We started with the babaganush as well as a Turkish dish that I have forgotten the name of. However it was a very thin slice of pita with minced lamb, onions, tomatoes and olive oil. Both appetizers were excellent. For our main course we split a adana-lamb shish platter, which came with onions, rice, grilled peppers, grilled tomato, yogurt sauce, and pita bread. The adana and lamb shish were great. Very tasty. The rice was very flavorful as well. In terms of northern Bergen County the prices were very reasonable.

2  Thank CCG1982
Reviewed 23 February 2017

Mado is barely discovered and it is a gem. Great Mediterranean food and lots of it. I love the lunch special that includes appetizer, puffed bread, tomato and cucumber salad (I get it without the cucumbers), and lamb shish. They have plenty of other dishes and the crowd is usually local Mediterranean families.

1  Thank S9286GOstuarts
Reviewed 19 January 2017

We live in River Edge and wanted to try Mado since we love middle eastern food. We went this past Monday evening and were pleasantly surprised at the delicious shepherd salad and the freshly baked balloon- like pita bread so warm, thin and puffed up. Our group consisted of six of us who quickly polished off the bread tray. But, no worries , our waitress quickly saw on her own that we polished off the bread and brought us another tray of warm freshly baked bread. I say freshly baked because they were not all uniform in size. Our group was very happy with what we ate and we are going to visit again since we loved it so much.