“Great Local place for Breakfast and Lunch”
Review of Steve & Andreas

Steve & Andreas
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Rutherford
Reviewed 10 August 2017

This place is always packed!! That right away should tell you something. This is my go to place whenever i want a good hearty breakfast. The pancakes are amazing and very flavorful. They are not your typical pancakes and are more like crepes but taste amazing.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Walking in the front door, you see crowded tables in a small space and all the ambiance of a school cafeteria. Service is a little scattered; two waitstaff came to take our orders instead of none. The dishes are not exciting or original, and no matter what time you come on Sunday, only a breakfast menu is offered, even when there's a sign outside touting a special, spinach pie, that is only offered on weekdays. Do not be fooled! There are serious cooks in this kitchen, and whatever they produce is exceptionally tasty. My Mexican omelet was not overcooked (a rarity), not overstuffed, just very flavorful. I asked for salad instead of home fries and was offered sliced tomatoes that actually tasted like summer Jersey tomatoes. The place has an understated charm that grows on you, resulting in repeat visits. A good alternative if the Chestnut Cafe in Nutley is closed for a private party and you are diner phobic.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

We were celebrating my husband's birthday and wanted to see what the waitress can recommend. She was very short with us and just kept saying everything is good and did not care to help us decide. In the end, we ordered the "2 pancakes and 2 eggs" each. Food was good, but the lack of service was distasteful and difficult to sit through. My husband ordered a side of bacon and we got 2 sides of bacon. When we trying to get her attention to ask about the extra order, she was hesitant on coming over and just starred at us. After asking if bacon was included in my order because I did not request for it, she was blaming me that I asked for it, which was false. We only ordered 1 side order of the bacon. Disliked the unnecessary arguing and made us feel like we had no business being there. The pancake variety was good and the menu covered breakfast and lunch, if we had friendlier service, probably would be rated much higher. After the incident, she kept asking "Everything ok? Everything ok?" But failed to offer to refill our water and orange juice 3 times. We probably won't be going there ever. Not worth the headache.

Parking is hit or miss in that area, bring quarters. You could probably find parking in the residential areas off the main street. There's a $15 minimum for credit card use.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Skip the bland hotel buffet or the cookie cutter food served at chain restaurants and try Steve & Andrea's. The food is simple, good and served pretty quickly considering how busy it was. For a diner with about 20 tables, there were at least 10 people working, either cooking, grilling or waiting on tables, so the service was excellent. The portion sizes were more than enough to fill you up and satisfy your hunger. And the rye toast was some of the best bread I've had, apparently coming straight from Brooklyn, NY.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Great breakfast at this restaurant but the seating is at times a bit tight for comfort. I know people need the customer but be careful on jamming them in.