“Excellence in the Burbs”

The Saddle River Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Saddle River Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$35 - US$50
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Allendale Avenue & West Saddle River Road
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Our first time at the Saddle River Inn in several years. Ambiance is just as I remembered it....rustic decor coupled friendly yet professional service. Food was excellent--especially the Hamachi appetizer. The steak special--while very expensive was delicious and perfectly prepared. The BYO policy is fantastic and goes with the overall style/M.O. of the restaurant. The one slight disappointment was the black truffle risotto--which based on the price should have contained more truffles and less mushrooms. Other than that (personal view) it was a great overall experience. We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank sajiz2015

Reviewed 17 January 2018

I would give The Saddle River Inn six stars. It just never disappoints. Last nights burrata with figs was nothing short of amazing. If you have been to The Little Owl in NYC and had their pork chop, you have had the second best one ever! Go to The SRI and get the best. The service is always sooooo good. Server was professional and friendly, and they so quickly accommodated us by taking friends we bumped into and putting us all together and holding their entrees so we could 'catch up.' Such a special evening, as always. To the few who have given less than favorable reviews of the SRI experience I have to ask, are you competitive restaurant owners??

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My husband and I recently dined at The Saddle River Inn. This restaurant is without a doubt top notch for food, atmosphere and service. Our servers, Pat and Tyler were both flawless and professional. For my appetizer I had the tuna carpaccio and my husband had the burrata. Both were phenomenal.

For our main course, I had the scallops and my husband had the filet mignon. Both were cooked to perfection and the cider brussel sprouts. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. Every time we come we're blown away. Chef is a master!

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Truffles Truffles and More Truffles. This place is an institution. Must call months in advance or check for cancellations. We had Umbria Truffles in the risotto special and a Tomahawk veal chop topped with truffles. This place is a BYOB so we brought in a early vintage bottle of OPUS 1.
The meal, wine and service was fabulousa.
This place is not opulent but more rustic somewhat like a barn.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Everything about this experience was awesome. The staff was courteous and well informed. The food was incredible. The atmosphere was beautiful (decorated for the holidays). Will definitely be coming back.