“Garrafao Restaurant for any Occassion!”

Garrafao Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 39 Restaurants in Sayreville
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Garrafao Restaurant in Sayreville has been one of our favorite places to eat for any occasion; we have eaten at the bar, had intimate and family dinners at their main dining room and they all have been great. It is a family run place offering homey Portuguese cuisine with a slightly higher price tag; however, the atmosphere is so relaxed you can extend the meal to last whatever amount of time you like! The restaurant from the outside does not look like a business and you can miss it easily. The parking lot is small but there is plenty of street parking if needed. The décor is dated but it is clean and comfortable. The service has always been friendly and attentive and we have enjoyed many long conversations with owners. The appetizers choices here are limited but offer favorites such as Shrimp in garlic sauce, Mussels, and Chicken Wings. Among the main dishes we have enjoyed are first and foremost any fish dish, trout, flounder, tuna are always fresh and tasty... My favorite is the Cod Fish! The perfectly grilled cod fish served along potatoes is a simple dish that I enjoy here very much! Other dishes we recommend are the Lamb Chops and Short Ribs, both satisfying and well prepared. Their daily specials are always good to try!!! We enjoy Garrafao for its family atmosphere and unpretentious delicious homemade meals!

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Food is great and authentic. Large portions as well. However if your not Portuguese your treated differently as I’ve observed on several occasions.
Parking lot is very small.
Worth a stop for the real tasty dishes but I’m telling you that other nationalities get treated differently. Fact
Prices are good

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I really like this little spot. If you'd like a nice quiet good food place for you & yours, try this out..

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I can't remember having this awesome of a meal in a long time. I live a half mile away and am kicking myself that I haven't tried it before. I went with a group of 6 people and we all enjoyed our meals. The garlic shrimp was the best I'd ever had. Our friends had the chicken francaise and the garlic chicken. Both were delicious. The rice was tasty and cooked to perfection. The white sangria was delicious. We also had the bronzini which was really good. You can order the chips as a side and they were worth it. We also ordered broccoli rabe which everyone said was delicious. The only negative I had was that the soda and iced tea were not good. It is now on my favorites list. You must try this place.

2  Thank CFC515
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Always good food at this local spot. An undiscovered gem. I won't be disappointed. Pick up or eat in just as good.

1  Thank Maribella86

Been to Garrafao Restaurant? Share your experiences!