“Great homemade ice cream”

Scoops Ice Creamery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Scotch Plains
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Once again (for the 20 plus times) we went to Scoops for Ice Cream. It is a friendly, family style ice cream shop with dozens of flavors of ice cream - some old standbys like vanilla and chocolate, but others jazzed up Triple Chocolate, Chocolate with Milky Way bars, Chocolate chocolate chip, Mint chocolate chip, etc. They also make other flavors not including chocolate, but as may be obvious, if it does not contain chocolate it does not register on my radar. My wife informs me that they also have Rum Raisin, Egg Nog, Vanilla English Toffee, Pumpkin, Smurf, maple walnuts and something with pecans. We have always been extremely pleased with any flavor we have purchased. Sampling is easy, but decisions are hard. During December and January there is no wait, but during the warm months expect a few minute wait. Oh yeah, they also have soft serve and make sundries and milk shakes, but we are dedicated two scoop fans. The only thing to watch out for is your waist line. Go and enjoy a little bit of heaven in Scotch Plains.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

This is the best ice cream in town. They have great cakes and desserts. The staff is always pleasant and helpful.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Ice cream is good but the chocolate chip cone tastes like soap. Other than the soapy taste, it's a nice ice cream

1  Thank Aidan G
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Went here with my girls and while I absolutely love their ice cream I really wish they would accept other forms of payment! Come on its 2016! I also wish some of the people were just a little friendlier, it's a family place...still love their ice cream...

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Great ice cream place in Scotch Plains. Always full of families, little league teams, basketball teams etc etc according to the season. Eat in or outside. Ice Cream always good and help always nice.