All reviews prepackaged muffins oats new york the bus grab and go movie theater easy commute general manager port authority home away from home nice place to stay king suite awesome hotel within walking distance staff was very friendly and helpful sam's club convenient location
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

I work in tourism, and have perfected what to look for in accommodations. I don’t judge the style of lamps, or the print on the wallpaper. I judge the service and the commitment by staff.

This place is dirty. There’s no other way to say it. The lobby needs help, the surfaces are sticky, and when I walked into my room i was met with black hair stuck in the electrical panel door. I found hairs everywhere, dust, grime, and splashes. One mark is only presumably blood. Why it’s placed at the foot of the sofa concerns me!

The hotel has no full sized towels, and clients are vocal about the upset. I dried off using a hand towel. The pipes creek louder than my old suburban with no muffler, and the water pressure is abysmal.

Parking is chaotic, the lobby is stuffy, and the halls are humid. I truly don’t think there’s any housekeeping staff after seeing the same bag of garbage outside a room for 24 hours.

Stay across the lot at the Mariot. This place is gross!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sean O
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Sean, thanks for being our guest. We apologize that you experienced so many difficulties while you were here. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is disappointing to know we couldn't deliver you with a perfect stay. Your comments are important to us, so they have been discussed with the concerned individuals' in an effort to improve our service and facilities moving forward. Please give us a chance to redeem ourselves on a future date.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I picked this hotel for its location. It is right next to a mall/shopping & restaurant area, which is was convenient. I would stay again, even though it is not a luxury hotel by any means. More like a Super 8 with larger rooms. Rooms are spacious and clean; bed comfortable. The negatives: grab and go breakfast was blah with so-so coffee and Wi-Fi was slow. Bonus: staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Tracey, thanks for being our guest. It’s nice to read you liked our outstanding service and that our location was perfect for your needs. However, we are sorry for the disappointment you had with our breakfast. Your feedback will be shared with our Brand Leaders to assist them when determining new breakfast offerings for future implementation. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again on your future visit to our city.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We picked this hotel due to the extreme convenience to the 320 bus to NYC (the bus stop is right across the street) and that it has a kitchen. It had a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and stove top. Very handy for leftovers and snack. We stayed there for a week. You do have to request the dishes and other kitchen amenities up front which is a little bit of a hassle. You do have to purchase your own dish soap though.

It is also right next to a mall/shopping & restaurant area, which is a great convenience as well.

I would definitely stay again, for the sheer convenience of it all. It's not a luxury hotel by any means. I called it better than the Motel 6 / Super 8 caliber of lodging, but not as good as a Holiday Inn Express for example. It is a little tired, but you can't beat it.

Also, we have started seeing this at other residence type lodging, the good rate we had did not include maid service.

Even paying for the bus fair daily for the 2 of us, we still saved at least $100 over anything we would find in the city.

We rented a car for convenience when we were at the hotel to go to stores or restaurants near the hotel.

Also, we did our Statue of Liberty / Ellis Island tour from the New Jersey side, since it has a parking lot and less busy.

I found it enjoyable overall

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Jash, thank you for writing a review of your stay at Extended Stay America. We appreciate your positive comments about how much you enjoyed your fully-equipped room and that you were satisfied with our loaction and amenities we offer. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Well, the location was great, however, some of the staff members were not the best to deal with. (1) I had a very long ride on the day of the arrival, but it looks to me the front desk guy didn't even care where I am coming from. Then there was a maintenance/housekeeping guy had full of attitude, he was a middle age man with a with an aggressive tone who didn't know the customer service that well. What I noticed he treated the guest based on their skin color, which was kinda sad since he was an immigrant too. I strongly suggest the management to look into this since I won't recommend this particular place to my group of friends. (2) The washroom clogged several times at night. (3) Beleive me, when it comes to breakfast it only served Muffins, granola bars, coffee, and tea. This place needs real breakfast(hot), at least cereal and waffles.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
1  Thank 631donj
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

The best service experience, the maid Magnolia was super friendly with me and everything looked very clean. I would like to return to this place and that she be at my service. The site is clean, petfriendly and responds to my needs.

Room Tip: Ask for Magnolia Housekeeper
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Secaucus - New York City Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thanks for the awesome feedback. We are thrilled to see you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us and were impressed with all that we have to offer. It was a pleasure having you at Extended Stay America, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.