Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$240
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard by Marriott Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$197
Holiday Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)(Great Value!)
US$145
GardenInn.com
US$152
US$159
TripAdvisor
All reviewssecaucus junctionpenn stationan extended stay hotelfront deskpet feemorning and eveningfive nightsroad noisehome away from homerooms are comfortablefree shuttlethe hotel offersnice staythe hotel is cleangreat place to staydishwashermanhattan
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel while on a job in North Bergen which was not a far drive from the hotel. I found the hotel to be very quiet! clean and confortable. The only thing I found a little out of the ordinary is the cleaning of the rooms which is only done once a week which is something I am not used to in an extended stay hotel. It is not a deal breaker for me but I like getting new towels and washclothes every day and not have to walk downstairs to the lobby to exchange these. All in all I was pleased with the hotel and all that it has to offer and would stay there again if ever I am on a job around there which will probably happen in the near future. If you are looking at an extended stay hotel in this area, this is your best bet.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Emmanuel_Germain
cwssecaucus, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Secaucus, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Good Afternoon Emmanuel_Germain,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a wonderful review about our hotel, we truly appreciate it. We look forward to continuing to supply you with excellence in service and value your continued patronage. Have a wonderful day.
Regards,
Candlewood Secaucus Team

Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend in May of last year on a special rate. As we had things to do in both Jersey and Manhattan it was a good central point for us. We did encounter an issue at check-in although we are not sure who was at fault. We were given our rate through one of my fiancee's business associates who took care of the booking himself and assured us that everything was taken care of. When we arrived they only had 1 room booked for us instead of 2 and after much hesitation, front desk discussing with a manager, and a phone call to my fiancee's associate, we were finally given the discount for the second room and were able to begin our weekend. The front desk was nice to us after the incident and accommodating to the other couple that had requested a room switch to be closer to us and all was well after that. The rooms we received were clean and had all of the amenities we needed and then some. We were able to turn off the hood light over the stove after finding the switch and we slept well both nights. The room and hallway were both very quiet at all times. Once you get used to the noises from the full-size fridge (the humming and clicking that all fridges make), you don't hear it anymore. We brought our own laptops so we did not use the business center and the internet connection in our rooms was pretty good.

Having not driven to the hotel, we liked that there was a shuttle service from the Secaucus station to pick us up when we arrived. However, the hours are limited which was a bit inconvenient if you are not travelling during the times it is available during the week. It seems quite a few people stay here while visiting New York and while cabs are easy to get, the front desk will call one for you no problem, the shuttle is a more economical solution and would be worth it for them to offer it on weekends as well to cater to leisure travellers. The cab ride to Secaucus Station was $8 each way which is not a big deal but can be costly if you have to return to your hotel room throughout the day, which unfortunately, we had to due to one of the people in our party having stomach flu.

The location is great for travelling into Manhattan, a very quick cab ride to the station and an equally quick train ride. We didn't ask if there were any restaurants or convenience stores nearby, we couldn't see any in our travels and it wasn't a major concern for us but might be for others. We just made sure to eat dinner and purchase snacks in Manhattan before we returned for the evening. The little store in the hotel is expensive but that is normal. It is wise to have your own vehicle to get around though so that you can bring groceries with you or pick them up easily and not have to rely on cabs and shuttles saving time and money.

All in all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was offered to us at a great price which is why we stayed there for this trip rather than in Manhattan as we normally do. We will go back to staying in Manhattan in the future as we prefer it for the utmost convenience and familiarity but would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone that is interested.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Princess3737
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We stayed here with no pre-planning, having been caught in a big downpour on a long drive south after dark. At the nearest rest stop, this hotel was advertised as pet-friendly, so I called the 800 number and said we had two dogs and was advised of a $75 pet fee. Fine. We found it and checked in, whereupon the manager said the fee was per pet! When I asked him to show me this policy in writing, as I'd never seen it done that way at any other hotel, he could not produce anything so he said never mind "this time," since we were staying only one night. Then the thermostat was not working, even after he replaced the batteries, but the system was manually controllable, so no problem. But the television wasn't working either. I didn't complain about that since we were going to bed early. Comparing it to a Residence Inn, which would have been my first choice, this "suite" was much smaller and had no sofa. The bed was very comfortable, but had only three little pillows. The bathroom was a little nicer, but the shower curtain was short, just below the top edge of the tub. The kitchen was adequate, but had only two glasses. The "pet walking" area was tiny and didn't offer any disposal bags or can. The room rate was very reasonable, but I won't stay at one of these hotels again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stayed at the Candlewood suites in Secaucus with my family over the thanksgiving holiday and for my birthday. We could not afford to stay in Manhattan as prices were very high. We had 2 rooms. The staff was corteous and helpful. The rooms were tastefully decorated, clean modern, comfortable and well equipped. The train ride to NYC is quick and convenient. We could not use the free as they gave a break to the driver, which was reasonable. Don't expect anything from the neighborhood, which is essentially an industrial park, with nowhere to stroll around.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2011

This was my 2nd visit to this property. I gave a glowing review the first time around, however, this time, not so much. Now it wasn't a BAD visit in any way, but it just wasn't as GOOD as my last visit.

To start off, when we reached our room, we found food left in the refrigerator by the previous occupant. While not the end of the world, it did make me wonder how well this room had been cleaned. The kitchen floor did look like it could have used a mopping. Other than that, the room was clean. The other, bigger issue was not being able to sleep! The studios have a microwave inserted into the wall cabinetry and there's a light that glows underneath it, onto the stove top area. When it's time to sleep, there's no way to turn this light off. It drove me bonkers! I'm a light sleeper who needs noise and quiet and this light made sleeping almost impossible. Also I couldn't get the air unit to run on a continuous fan. I chose the low cool setting, but it would only work on the auto setting. I was cold, then hot. Could not get comfortable, so between the air and the light, I didn't have a restful night at all.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple