“Best seafood restaurant in south Jersey area ”
Review of Pelican Restaurant

Pelican Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Sewell
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Seafood is always fresh and beautifully prepared. Always has specials based on fresh fish availability. We Go there regularly and haver never been disappointed. Bill is a great chef who is very passionate about his food prep. Great service as well.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Called in a take out order for my elderly parents on Mothers Day. Explained that I lived in Florida and needed help coordinating the meal preferences for this special occasion. I received top notch service explaining the menu options and arranging the pickup . Mom was thrilled! Coordination from staff was above the call of duty. Hats off and many thanks!!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great food selection including the seafood. Food taste was excellent. Service was outstanding along with the environment.
I will return again!

Thank Alfred & Gerald... L
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Received a very generous gift certificate to this location during the holidays and my husband and I decided to take in what we expected to be a delicious meal on this chilly night.
Bottle of wine in hand, we made our way in for our 7:30 resi...waited only a few minutes and then given our choice of seats- so far so good. The place was bustling and patrons looked to be having a nice time.
Darrin our bus boy filled our water glasses and then Billy (he introduced himself as the owners son) arrived to provide us with a greeting and essential menu info.
Seemed like a really nice and attentive young man...went through the specials only to be interrupted by one of the front of the house employees to say "stop selling the sirloin" - hence my decision to not go with beef for the night. This app intrusion was right in front of us...
We settled on soup and the Burata to begin our night...lentil soup and seafood bisque were excellent...
Burata arrived...frozen!!! Yep, red and yellow tomatoes AND the mozzarella and cream...FROZEN.
Brought to Billy's attention - seemed to be embarrassed and unable to explain...said another would be brought out.
My hubby got a salad- I abstained...it was an average salad...second Burata arrived...it was ok.
My husband and I both ordered fish dishes that were specials. Mine was over seasoned...I ate the fish but tasted the over abundance of seasoning. Hubby had good fish but tasteless pasta...
Ordered espresso...hubby's looked to be more like one sip in the espresso cup..
Ordered the creme brûlée to split only to be informed they were...out.
Got the bill...NOTHING COMPED...the table next to us got a dessert comped (we heard this) for "waiting"...ummmmm...not sure where we missed out.
We were not looking to be comped BUT after what we went through...
Gave our gift Cert to pay for the bill...my husband had to point out to Billy on our way out that we had "change" coming to us...he didn't even notice the total amount on the Cert...

Why do I feel like even if the owners son is waiting on you...it doesn't matter??

Truly disappointed...

2  Thank mary a
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Recommended by friends, we decided to give it a try and glad we did. Service by Brielle was superb. Selected the drunken seafood bisque as a app, and the Day Boat Scallops as main course. I highly recommend both, my wife had the blackened salmon which she said was the best she ever had. Finished dinner with cappuccino. Great food coupled with great friendly service makes Pelican a winner. We will be back soon!

1  Thank Pat D

Been to Pelican Restaurant? Share your experiences!