All reviews front desk turkey sausage the breakfast area room was clean huge bathtub standard breakfast in excellent shape man working wedding weekend free breakfast both mornings marriott rewards elite member coffee machine free shuttle bound brook desk area
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love this hotel! I always have a great stay from the friendly helpful staff to the super clean and cozy rooms. The beds are extremely comfortable, you are sure to get a good night's rest! The 24 hour coffee station is awesome. The lobby is very spacious and clean. My whole stay was extremely pleasant and I look forward to our next stay!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Recently stayed at this hotel for a meeting in the area. I found the staff to be very friendly and the free breakfast to be outstanding. Frankie & Vanessa at the Front Desk were very helpful with directions and restaurant info.
The rooms were very clean and I love the renovations that they completed recently.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in this area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2017

I had my wedding at the venue next door to this hotel. I had issues before the wedding even took place. They first messed up how many rooms I was supposed to have (was told I was given 50 when in fact they only blocked 38 for my group, so I had to get rooms at a different hotel at the last minute when I ran out of rooms). The next thing that was mess up was I had talked to the hotel months before and they told me that they were blocking a conference room for me he night before our wedding because we were going to have a rehearsal for the wedding in there. When we arrived, they had no idea of this even though I had confirmed it days prior as well as my mother did. The day of the wedding was wonderful, but I had started hearing a lot of people say that they were not able to check in at the check in time. Many had to wait up to an hour and half past check in time to actually get in their room so they were rushed to arrived at the wedding on time. Once I arrived at the hotel after my wedding, everything went wrong. They told me that my husband and I's reservation was cancelled (it was a free bridal suite we got for having the block that they made for us). Someone at the hotel had added friday night too at the last minute (even though they never told us, since we never asked or wanted that), so because we didn't check in on friday the reservation was cancelled. I feel that the only reason they added friday night was so that they could get another reservation that was actually being paid for because they knew we would only be staying there the night AFTER our wedding (since ours was a free night for using them as block). Luckily they did have a room to give us after a lot of arguing, however it was not the bridal suite we were promised for using their location as the wedding block. My husband and I got to our room and finally tried to relax, but he had to carry some stuff in. He was walking to the lobby with his mother and when they stepped out of the elevator she slipped and fell on a large puddle of water that was right outside of the elevator. She luckily just had a few bruises (nothing broken), however when my husband went to talk to the front desk, they told him that it must have been the bridesmaids flower that caused it. Let me tell you that the bridesmaids flowers were left in cars not brought in and also were dry as a bone since the wedding was hours ago and not left in water, so that was false. No one would clean up the water or put a sign saying wet floor, the only person who helped was the shuttle driver, who seemed to be the only person who cared throughout this whole experience. I would recommend to anyone that is getting married in the near area, to never choice this location. If I could go back I would pick anywhere other than this facility. At 12:30 am after your wedding, the last thing you want to go through is what I had to go through. Save yourself and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Horrible Customer Service
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Chelsea S,
I wanted to personally reach out to you and apologize for the various issues you experienced letting up to and including the day of your wedding. It is truly upsetting that you did not have a perfect stay. Please reach out to me directly, as I would like to speak with you directly regarding the issues you had and hopefully be able to make it up to you. You can contact me directly at 732-627-8483 or via email at Francisco.Gomes@FairfieldSomerset.com. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francisco Gomes
Fairfield Inn & Suites
Somerset, NJ 08873

Reviewed 5 November 2017

This is a clean, modern hotel with spacious rooms. We were staying to attend a wedding at the venue next door. Our check in was fast & friendly. When we arrived in our room we noticed it was uncomfortably warm. Adjusting the thermostat didn't stop the warm air coming from the unit. We called the desk & was told someone would investigate the problem. By the time we left for the wedding two hours later (and after dressing in a very warm room), no one had arrived. We stopped at the desk and were again told someone would investigate.

We headed out to the shuttle ride to the venue. Our shuttle driver spoke not one word of greeting and was wearing a very dirty apron. The inside of the van was quite warm (seems to be a pattern!) but it was a quick ride next door. Our return driver was neatly dressed and very warm & personable.

When we arrived back at our room it was still very hot. After a third complaint, we were moved to the room next door, which was cool & comfortable and they gave us an individual size bottle of wine . However, moving all our belongings at 11 PM after a wedding reception was annoying, especially since we reported the problem hours before.

The following morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast and the staff was kind enough to allow late sleepers to get breakfast after the breakfast hours ended. This is a nice hotel, but it was an uneven experience and not the usual standard of service we receive.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NJerseyTravelers
Francisco G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear NJerseyTravelers,
I wanted to personally reach out and apologize for the warm lobby and van that you experienced during your stay. This was a disappointing experience I'm sure and for that I am truly sorry. It is not the norm at our property, and I can assure you we have looked into this matter as well as the driver that transported you to your event. Please reach out to me directly at 732-627-8483 so we can discuss this further. Once again, I do apologize for the experience you had and hope to speak to you soon. Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Yours in Hospitality,
Francisco Gomes

Reviewed 26 October 2017

When first entering this hotel, you will be met with a spacious and modern looking lobby, and a friendly staff. There will be fresh water/juice and the softest cookies available to you. And you will find the room accommodations to be just as welcoming and pleasing to the eye. There are walk in closets and large bathrooms, even a luxurious hot tub in some of the nicer rooms. We recently used these types of rooms as VIP suites for a business meeting. I would highly recommend Fairfield for your personal and business needs, as the staff is professional and its prices reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business