“Good option if one has to stay in the area”

Residence Inn Somerset
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed 20 August 2017

With the Hilton family being my preferred brand, I get to stay at non-Hilton property either through reward point redemptions in credit card programs, or when the rate does not justify staying at a Hilton property. I have stayed at a few Residence Inns before and my reference point is Homewood Suites at Hilton that tend to offer something similar: Fully furnished suites, complimentary breakfast with a focus on families (week-end) or long-term business guests (weekdays)

What I liked: Adequate room space, featuring separate living and sleeping area. Living room features a sofa bed and kitchen is fully furnished. Nice onsite pool and gym area. Very friendly front desk staff. Breakfast at this Residence Inn was one notch above what I have experienced at similar properties, and I'd say slightly better than what is typically offered in Homewoods. Complimentary parking. Reliable complimentary wifi. Adequate in room temperature control. Quiet rooms

What to watch for/could be improved: Although the property does not look that old, it does feel a little dated (strong cleaning product/freshner smell throughout hotel), lumpy carpeting. Overall, it also feels a bit smaller and cheaper than what the typical Homewood would feel like. The hotel is located in a business area so there is not much to do in the immediate vicinity.

All in, this is not a bad property and with the typical daily room rate being quite reasonable, it does provide excellent value.I would recommend a stay at this property

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ottwatrvllr

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Residence Inn was an amazing stay for us. Everything was absolutely perfect. I do not recall the last time I stood somewhere and could say that it was absolutely perfect. From the front staff, to the breakfast staff, everyone was friendly, and helpful, and professional. The rooms were very clean, the bathroom, the sheets, bedding, furniture. There was a round burn mark on the floor in the kitchen, but that did not affect our stay. I will stay here again, and I will recommend Residence Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and we heard no noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The staff was very nice and extremely friendly. Thank you! Rooms were nicely decorated. Each room has a small sofa with pull out couch. There is a separate room for the master bedroom and full bath. There is a small kitchenette with a full size refrigerator and freezer with an ice maker. The lights happened to go out during our stay, but no one complained. The indoor pool was nicely heated also. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with french toast, bacon, eggs, etc. There was even Chobani yogurt! I believe everyone was able to find something to eat. The only down side I would say is that the walls seemed a bit thin. We could hear children crying, laughing etc, and people walking down the halls. Other than that, I was pleasantly pleased with the stay.

Room Tip: Request that you would prefer to not be near families if possible. Sometimes the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

A little slice of heaven.
We were having a bit of a nightmare trip with terrible weather, late flights, and other bad experiences. We got to the hotel earlier than expected and wanted to get showered and changed for a big family event. The ladies at reception were happy to get us into a suite and turn our trip around. The room was large and clean and well-appointed with full kitchen amenities. We got showered, changed, and emerged completely refreshed and de-stressed: ready for a typical family get-together.
We had a great night's sleep and a terrific breakfast the next morning. All the staff members were friendly and helpful. The hotel was centrally located and a wonderful place to spend the night. I only wish we were there longer.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I disagree with Ms Jordan review .Manager very friendly and helpful.Some people don't like to follow rules and when in Rome.do as romans do.Place clean and excellent breakfast.
Reasonable price pool was a plus in this hot weather.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo