All reviews indoor pool separate living and sleeping area happy hour dinner home away from home full kitchen kitchen cabinets marriott family basketball hoop bedroom suite complimentary wifi stay there again comfortable beds nice amenities new jersey quiet area yogurt hotel is clean
Reviewed 19 October 2017

The hotel is located in a quiet area. It looks like a large hotel from the outside but the inside looks small and disappointing. There is no lobby just a front desk. The room itself was large, nice and clean with a full kitchen, while the bathroom was small.
The sleep quality was good.
The breakfast was very disappointing with few options, and even at the opening time it got really crowded because the area where the food was served was very small.
Personally we will not return here, there are better options elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Chrisin T, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is our goal to ensure each Guest's stay is exceptional. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your concerns. Look forward to haring from you!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

*Disclaimer: I am a Marriott Rewards gold member, so part of this review only applies to members.

I was looking for a hotel in the SPG, Hilton, or Marriott family that could accommodate my family of four after a trip to Brooklyn. I also wanted something with free parking and relatively low in the point redemption category, as I anticipated we were likely going to sleep and run the next morning. Nothing around Brooklyn met my criteria, so I looked into something in Jersey that was at least on the way home (to DE). Residence Inn Somerset fit the bill. All rooms are suites, I only needed to redeem 15,000 points, and parking was free.

When we checked in, I was pleasantly surprised to get upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. While it wasn't necessary, my back was thankful for being able to sleep on a real bed instead of a sofabed. We were offered a late check out as well, two perks for gold members. The suite itself was spacious. Its decor was a little plain, and the television in the living room area was a little small and low to the ground for my liking. It has a nice sized kitchen as well, so it's built for an extended stay.

The free breakfast was outstanding. While I don't expect anything gourmet, there was a nice variety of hot and cold foods. The attendant who was working the food area was also very active and quick to refill anything that ran out. She really took pride in making sure that everyone was well taken care of (this was a Sunday morning, so whoever she was deserves a commendation).

We were a little disappointed that the pool was closed during our stay. My boys like to play around in the pool during our hotel stays, but they were doing some work in the pool room. Though the weather didn't allow it, there was a basketball/mini-volleyball court outside.

Not a perfect stay, but definitely very pleasant and had everything that we needed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Spent four nights. Booked a handicapped accessible room, was a little disappointed that they have no accessible rooms with king sized beds. Bathroom was roomy enough to turn my scooter around, and plenty of grab bars around the toilet and tub, and a hand held bath spray. On request, I was promptly supplied with a shower seat. There was room under the sink for a wheelchair. The kitchenette had a full sized refrigerator, a two burner stove, a microwave, dishwasher, and adequate dishwares. Everything was spotless.

We appreciated the blooming flowers that lined the entrance, and the push button doors. We noticed an outside play court. We did not use the pool.

Breakfast included beverages, oatmeal, dry cereal and milk, yogurt, fruit, bagels and sweet rolls, make your own waffles, and varied choices of hot food such as eggs, sausage, French toast, etc. The breakfast room was attractive, clean and comfortable. Children were few but well treated.

The attitude of every staff member we interacted with was friendly and helpful. We would gladly return.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

With the Hilton family being my preferred brand, I get to stay at non-Hilton property either through reward point redemptions in credit card programs, or when the rate does not justify staying at a Hilton property. I have stayed at a few Residence Inns before and my reference point is Homewood Suites at Hilton that tend to offer something similar: Fully furnished suites, complimentary breakfast with a focus on families (week-end) or long-term business guests (weekdays)

What I liked: Adequate room space, featuring separate living and sleeping area. Living room features a sofa bed and kitchen is fully furnished. Nice onsite pool and gym area. Very friendly front desk staff. Breakfast at this Residence Inn was one notch above what I have experienced at similar properties, and I'd say slightly better than what is typically offered in Homewoods. Complimentary parking. Reliable complimentary wifi. Adequate in room temperature control. Quiet rooms

What to watch for/could be improved: Although the property does not look that old, it does feel a little dated (strong cleaning product/freshner smell throughout hotel), lumpy carpeting. Overall, it also feels a bit smaller and cheaper than what the typical Homewood would feel like. The hotel is located in a business area so there is not much to do in the immediate vicinity.

All in, this is not a bad property and with the typical daily room rate being quite reasonable, it does provide excellent value.I would recommend a stay at this property

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ottwatrvllr
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Residence Inn was an amazing stay for us. Everything was absolutely perfect. I do not recall the last time I stood somewhere and could say that it was absolutely perfect. From the front staff, to the breakfast staff, everyone was friendly, and helpful, and professional. The rooms were very clean, the bathroom, the sheets, bedding, furniture. There was a round burn mark on the floor in the kitchen, but that did not affect our stay. I will stay here again, and I will recommend Residence Inn.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and we heard no noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple