“Cover the tattoos, please!”
Review of Sophie's Bistro

Sophie's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophie's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Classic French Bistro
Reviewed 9 June 2018

This restaurant has an authentic cozy French atmosphere and very good food, but I'll have to lower my rating a notch from the last time we visited. When my onion soup was served, the cheese on the top was burned to an inedible black crust. It never should have left the kitchen like that. I sent it back and received a new bowl cooked the way it should have been in the first place. However, what destroyed my image of this being a classy place were the tattoos on our waitress's upper arm. I did not need to be faced with a large smiling skull smoking a cigarette every time she approached us in her sleeveless blouse. Tattoos may be your choice but please wear a top with sleeves!

1  Thank KathyinCostaRica

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

This was the perfect place to have a nice dinner with just my husband. Food was better than expected and best of all the accommodated my crazy dietary needs without any issues.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

This review comes from 2 people who spent time in Paris. Perfect decor; felt like you were eating in France. Fabulous menu; took a while for both of us to select. We weren't disappointed. My friend thoroughly enjoyed her appetizer of escargots and braised lamb shank entree. I had the beet and warm goat cheese salad and the duck, andouille & garlic sausage cassoulet; both delectable. We normally wouldn't have dessert and certainly had no room for it, but when in France...My friend's crepes weren't the thin consistency of France, but still very good. My warm chocolate cake was well prepared, with a gooey chocolate center and light cake; however, the cake was a bit bland, missing a rich taste. That's okay. I'll give dessert another try when I return.

1  Thank GailMAnne
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Invited to be with the family, I did a bit of research beforehand to see that it was classified as "French casual". When we arrived & I saw the menu, I realized that this was FRENCH. Crepes, excellent French onion soup, Coquille Ste. Jacques, and Calvados. A little pricey. Safe parking onsite. Excellent & attentive service, where the staff take obvious pride in their food.

I want to take my daughter-in-law here (who lived in France for over a year) to get her opinion. But this a wonderful French restaurant .... in industrial New Jersey!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

This is the fourth time we have dined at Sophie's and the food and service has been consistently good each time. It's not fancy French-but a little country French. The escargot is as wonderful a dish as I imagined; the sliced duck breast is tender and the sauce is superb. My latest meal was the Beef Bourguinon. The beef was so tender that it practically fell apart on the fork, the rich wine gravy filled with tender vegetables was marvelous. My wife was equally pleased with the seafood puffed-pastry. A delicious assortment of seafood in a marvelous pastry and a delicate sauce. And then came the desserts! We chose the ice cream crepes, with a dark chocolate sauce.
A terrific meal!!