“Sophie's a neighborhood gem”
Review of Sophie's Bistro

Sophie's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophie's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 121 Restaurants in Somerset
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Classic French Bistro
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Sophie's is my go to place. Pete and his staff are always on the mark. Small intimate setting makes evey visit feel like your first. Affordable wine list and something for everyone menu items.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This restaurant has the most delicious food in the area. Wide variety on the menu. The onion soup au gratin is the best you will ever find. And the cheesecake is truly special. Lots of good cheesecake in the area but this is really the best. So friendly, charming and just a great place.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

A quiet, tucked-away from the crowds place, never loud dining area to eat and talk while enjoying the meal.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have dinner here frequently, and enjoy introducing family and other couples who always enjoy it as much as we do! The French style cuisine is very well prepared and presented. My personal favorites are the French onion soup and trout almandine but there are many dishes that are enticing and delicious. Located on the perimeter of New Brunswick rhe restaurant is sophisticated without being pretentious and is reasonably priced. The staff is neighborhood friendly and big city professional.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

This restaurant has an authentic cozy French atmosphere and very good food, but I'll have to lower my rating a notch from the last time we visited. When my onion soup was served, the cheese on the top was burned to an inedible black crust. It never should have left the kitchen like that. I sent it back and received a new bowl cooked the way it should have been in the first place. However, what destroyed my image of this being a classy place were the tattoos on our waitress's upper arm. I did not need to be faced with a large smiling skull smoking a cigarette every time she approached us in her sleeveless blouse. Tattoos may be your choice but please wear a top with sleeves!

1  Thank KathyinCostaRica