Free cancellation until 28/07
US$189
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$204
Comfort Inn & Suites(Somerset)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$113
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
US$179
Courtyard
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2016

This was an unusual situation in that I stayed at this hotel because someone booked it for me as part of a convention. Ultimately, I did pay for the room, but I did not select this hotel. Given all the other hotels along the same street, I probably would not have stayed here had I had the opportunity to choose somewhere else, but it's just the way things worked out. As mentioned, the hotel is under construction, but they have a long way to go to turn it into a Crowne Plaza. As soon as you step in, it feels as though you are in a place that is being renovated. Everything is a bit dark, dull and dingy, like an old building. Many areas obviously need to be painted, and there are areas that are clearly being renovated that detract from any normal attractiveness that a hotel usually has. For example, unfinished, nearby renovation work was clearly seen from various points inside the building. Checking in was smooth, but I was given only one room key. Since my wife was along for the trip, I asked if I could have another key, but the clerk said no, only one key. The key I was given was like the kind you might have as the key to your front door at home, like a typical Kwikset key, and not especially heavy or reinforced or attached to any keyring. In these days of keycards, this metal key was an anachronism, and the lock mechanism worked, but not very smoothly. Upon entering the room, I was encouraged by the slightly brighter atmosphere, but in the brightness of the bathroom, the old tiles interspersed with sloppy, overlaid repair caulking and the old flooring brought out the used and worn character of the place. Fortunately, I spent 95% of my time awake in the convention I was attending and only about 5% of that time in the room. There was adequate furniture, the bed was averagely good, and the TV worked. It was difficult to make the radio work correctly but at some point something kicked in, and we were able to reach a few FM stations and set the alarm.
In the morning I wanted to take a shower at 8:30, and though I knew you had to spin the shower controller all the way around to "HOT" to get hot water, there was none to be had. No matter what I did, only ice-cold water came out. To be sure, I got out of the tub and went over to the sink. I had tried the sink the day before, so I knew which side of the faucet was hot and which was cold. Again, when I tried to get hot water, only cold water came out. By that time, I had to forget about taking a shower. They had run out of hot water, at least to my room. Location is another issue. As someone mentioned, although there are several other hotels along this street, there isn't much else nearby, so you do need a car. Fortunately, the convention I was attending was held directly across the street, and everything I needed to have (except a hot shower) could be obtained there by walking. So you get the idea. At present this is a mediocre hotel going through all the growing pains of a renovation. The rate was good, so maybe that's why we ended up there, but if I were to go up there again before their renovations were complete, I'd probably stay somewhere else. I do wish them well with completing their renovations soon!

Room Tip: Always check tub/sinks for good, fast drainage. Poor drainage? Ask for another room!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ichigorobei
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Dear Ichigorobei,

Thank you for all of your feedback we appreciate it. We are working very hard on our renovations and of course growing pains do come with that, thank you for understanding. We do hope that we see you again next year at the convention as we will have completed our project and look forward to our new brand.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I was in town for the Kiss convention and we booked the Saturday night.
Booking at the convention was a nightmare and the desk people that answered the phone where not great.But we final talked to one guy and he was amazing.
Got the room at the rate.
Check was not as smooth as I think we check in as the young lady was trying to have lunch and really didn't want to help us .. saying room was not ready yet which was kinda shocking as it was 3;30..but it gets better from there.
Final get into the room and it is great,nice size and clean,great shower and all in all a great room.
With hotel under construction a lot of the things you may want are not available ,but we knew that going in.
went to the front desk and asked for a restaurant near by for dinner The gentleman working the front desk was AMAZING.He asked what we where looking gave us lots of options and printed out maps..Absolutely Amazing and Fun!! (only wish we got his name)
After dinner had a few drinks in the bar which was open,but not sure if that was because of the convention or if its always open.The Bar was fun and the guys severing was great.
Check out was a breeze.

All in all we went in not expecting much and besides check in the hotel was great. I think once the renovations are done it will be even better.
Another problem is its really not around anything so you kinda need a car or use the hotel shuttle to go just about anywhere.
we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Makes sure what you is available before you book..as hotel is under construction
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2016

Dear Garry,

Thank you for coming to the KISS convention it was a blast! We enjoyed having everyone here it was a fun weekend. Thank you for being understanding about the renovations as we are working hard on not impeding on anyone's stay. I am sorry that check in was a challenge I will definitely bring it to the attention of the desk manager and team, otherwise I am very happy that you enjoyed the team and your stay. We hope to see you again next year.

Best Regards,

General manager

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Hotel was under construction which was fine. We took the hotel via priceline and their right up of pet friendly encourages you to bring your pets as they are "pet friendly" what they don't tell you is that comes at the cost of $50.00 for your pet. The pet fee was close to the room rate we got. No complaints of the room. Clean and efficient. Elevators are little creepy as in old. Clerk gave great recommendations for dinner.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, look elsewhere....if not, okay.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Dear kdfraz07,

Thank your for your feedback and staying with us. I do apologize if the pet fee was not clearly posted by Priceline I will certainly address with them as we have it posted on our website. I am glad that you did enjoy your stay and the team. We hope to see you on the next visit and give us a call directly next time and we can discuss the pet fee.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2016

i have a very good one night stay even though they are currently under construction and remolding. they are upgrading to a crown plaza which is part of the IHG brands, i would recomend this location for your stay

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Jeffery,

Thank you for staying with us and despite the renovation I am glad that it did not disturb your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your continued stays with us, as you can see the progress we are making week to week. See you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

Clean, close to the city, very friendly and accommodating staff! We had a great time and will definitely be back. The restaurant was amazing when it was open. Shawn and Gio were extremely helpful both days we were there.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly S
Michelle S, General Manager at Hotel Somerset-Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2016

Dear KimberlyS,

Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your business and feedback . I will make sure that I send compliments to the Chef. Hope to see you again very soon.