Clarion Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
AVE Somerset(Somerset)
Courtyard Somerset(Somerset)
View Hotel
All reviewsnice roomeasy accessrooms were very cleanbusiness triphootersexpresswaytvs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I booked an ADA room for 4 nights as we waited to close on our house. My husband would be gone all day, leaving me alone in the room, which was fine.Over the phone, I was assured it would be a first floor room, as I am on crutches with a broken leg and we had our pups with us too. Arrive for checkin: Receive a 2nd floor room, as the entire first floor is conference rooms and activity rooms. Arrive in room to discover various fire hazards: orange extension cord, wall socket adapters and no evidence of a sprinkler system. By the appearance of the smoke detector, I was not convinced it was operational. The sockets built in on the lamps did not function properly. The street noise and quite frankly the hall noise too, was VERY loud. The bathroom: the commode seat was loose and a hazard to a person with a cast on their leg. The toilet paper was too far away as well. I called for the seat to be fixed, somebody came to fix it, claimed he did, and left. It was still loose and shifting. I called again, was told somebody would be up, it never happened at any time during the last 3 nights there. The shower was not hand held, as an ADA shower should be, so my husband had to bathe me. The ONLY item that qualified this as an accessible room was the minimum bars on the shower walls, which again, were useless to me, as I had to sit in the tub and they were out of reach. The housekeepers were the bright spot in my day and I tipped them well.

Room Tip: Stay away if you need ADA!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I enjoyed my stay here at the Clarion. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were superbly clean. I slept like a baby! I was almost late to my business meeting but still does not despite the fact that I felt completely refreshed the next day! Thank you clarion!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I came here for a business trip in New Jersey for a couple days and saw that there was a Clarion with a Hooters attached. I said that would be great because after a long day of work, why not grab some great wings and cold drinks! On the other hand, the check in and check out process was very fast. The rooms were very clean. This is a hotel I would love to bring my friends, family, and coworkers with me! Thank you Clarion for this awesome stay! I will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Don't miss out on a great place like this!
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I had to do some renovation work in the area and choose this hotel because was close, needed a quick overnight stay. We stayed for two nights, rooms were spacious, clean sheets, hot water, all the basics were all-right. Breakfast was ok, typical for a 3-star hotel in a rural area. There are other restaurants close by. We arrived after a storm that allegedly damage the Dish TV signal, they couldn't fix it in two days, was able to watch only the fake news channels.

1  Thank TiberiuDL
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a nice room, and we had all we needed in it (we usually have to ask for towels or blankets – but not this time). The desk staff was very helpful, although we got the feeling they were understaffed. Breakfast was definitely strange. We ate in this banquet room on huge banquet tables crowded together so you could hardly get through. Breakfast was basically a choice of cold eggs, hash browns, sausage and cereal. That’s it. This hotel definitely has the feel about it that it used to be five star and then lost a star or two.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family