“What a wonderful experience!”

Yutaka Hibachi Steak House & Sushi Bar
Ranked #28 of 88 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2017

First time visit to this restaurant. Service was excellent, well structured, but not rushed. The show that the hibachi chef put on was really interesting. The food was top quality and excellently prepared. This has to be one of the best sushi/hibachi restaurants in NJ. Not overpriced either. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

One of my favorite places to eat or get take out from. Great hibachi and my favorite sushi. A regular for both eat in and take out. They serve a great tuna tartare, as well as the avocado salad and mushroom broth. All a great starters to your meal. The hibachi is fun and the kids like it, we get chicken or steak with some shrimp hibachi with noodles & fried rice. Everything is so tasty we can't decide and just get it all. They have excellent sushi, especially the bamboo special is high on my list, I get mine without the fish eggs. Some other specialty rolls I recommend are the pink lady and the honey roll.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Less than $15 for Hibachi lunch, I consider that a good deal. To me, all Hibachi kind of tastes the same, so it's about what you'd expect.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Monday through Thursday they have 1/2 price sushi dinner. We have been there 2 times for this, with another couple. The first time we went it came to $14 pp. The second time we went it came to $16 pp. This includes 1 salad or appetizer each, and 1/2 price sushi off of a special 1/2 price menu. The 1/2 price sushi menu is in no way a "dressed down" version of their sushi. It is awesome, very fresh and tasty, and lacks nothing that the regular menu has.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Large barn style restaurant devoid of any atmosphere. The food was bland, everything tasted the same. Service wasn't any better. To top it off we both ended up with upset stomachs. Avoid!