“Paella, Paella, Paella”

Costa Verde
Ranked #3 of 47 Restaurants in South Amboy
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Wow! The seafood paella is amazing. When I am in town this is one of my main places and meals. They have a lunch portion which is way too much but all the seafood makes it a hearty feast. YUM!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

This is our spot when we don't want to travel all the way to the Ironbound section of Newark! We frequent Costa Verde often. They have a great happy hour and the food value is incredible if you seat in the bar section of the restaurant. Their wait staff is friendly and get to know you by name. The atmosphere is usually crowded and noisy but the food makes up for it.
I love their seafood specials! They serve a huge seafood tray filled with all kinds of shelfish broiled and seasoned to perfection! We usually order one and have leftovers! Thier double lobster special is also one of our favorites for the same reason.. No need to order more than one!
The broiled calamari as an appetizzer is great! Although, their shrimp dishes are also delcious..
Their mariscada in red sauce is also very tasty and its portion is very generous.. The prime rib and Portuguese steak are also good selections
Usually skip desserts and move to after dinner drinks, flavored coffees and Gran Duke complete our meal. Overall, the greatest value for food and drinks in the area!!!

1  Thank patnoelle
Reviewed 19 May 2017

I came here on a Saturday evening around 6:30PM- we realized it may have been crowded and we did not have a reservation so we called while in the car to see the wait time. The man, don't know his name, who answered was so nice and accommodating. We sat down in the main dining area and the waiter was pleasant. We ordered the Spanish sausage for the appetizer and it was SO goooood. I filled up quick because it was so delicious... The portions here are such a good size, you definitely will not leave here hungry. I ordered the red snapper for my entree and my fiance ordered the munk fish. In simple terms, both were delicious and we were too full for desert. The only thing I didn't really like too much was the soup it came with, the clam chowder- it was a little bland for my liking and didn't have much clams. All in all though, I would def come back! We had a really nice evening here.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Tables in the dining room are extremely close together. THe bar area is very loud if any sports events are on. The food is mediocre. The soup is very bland. The waiters have a rough time getting around the dining area.We have eaten here for more than ten years.The quality of the food that we have eaten is haphazard. Sometimes it is wonderful. Other times it leaves a lot to be desired.Same goes for the sangria. Sometimes it is terriffic other times it is more wine than sangria. I love roast suckling pig which is the reason that I go here.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

full bar...great food...portions are a plenty...great atmosphere and decor...staff is very friendly...they always specials posted which are great..plenty of parking