“Nice place and great value!”

Comfort Inn Toms River
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Toms River
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We stay here whenever we go to Island Beach State Park (which I also highly recommend for someone looking to go to the beach but not wanting to pay a ton of money to get on to the beach or park). The breakfast options are AWESOME! The seating area is a bit small but if you go at the right time, you can get your food and take it back to your room as well. The pool is a nice size and just the right temperature. The hot tub is also very relaxing and just the right size. If you request a room on a higher floor, you can somewhat stay away from other people. If you stay on the first floor, you may hear little kids screaming and doors slamming all the time. This last time we stayed, we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor and it wasn't as bad. They also have good vending machines and VERY nice rooms! Everything was clean. The hotel is also not too far from shopping and the beach!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RMDTraveler

Reviewed 19 June 2011

Let's start out with the location was awesome if your wanting to be near the shore but not to near it. Breakfast was what you would expect from your classic complimentary breakfast, nothing wow, but not bad. Room was clean and roomy for 4 people. Good front desk service, and their inside pool and hot tub was just what I needed after a 12 hour drive and a full day at Six Flags.

Will definetly be back if ever in the area again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ashlee84
Reviewed 17 February 2011

Right over the bridge, a nice change from the typical seashore motels. The Comfort Inn was clean and big in a great location. Whether you want to enjoy the beach or shore bars, or a local restaurant, there's plenty of options nearby. It was clean, quiet, and the staff was helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste and they had both to supply. Great, price too!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Alyssa A
Reviewed 18 September 2010

...We're talking hospitality business, here, aren't we? Is it hospitable to make a customer wait, and wait and wait because the front desk clerk CAN'T swipe a simple debit card? It happened to me, just last week, at THIS Comfort Inn!!! I told the clerk if he didn't give me a room key, in thirty seconds, that I would take my business, up the road, to the nearby Quality Inn. The very next morning, a different front desk clerk DEMANDED that I pay him in cash! It seems he called MY bank, and THEY declined my debit card! In front of other customers!! He made me feel like a deadbeat!! Upon arriving at a branch office of my bank, I was told by a manager, there, that there was NOTHING wrong with my debit card, and I had sufficient funds on deposit to handle my Comfort Inn Hotel bill. She called the front desk clerk at the Comfort Inn. He repeated that he phoned the bank, and that they declined my debit card. She told him, "sir, I don't think you know WHO you''re talking-to. I AM THE BANK, and there's NOTHING wrong with the customer's debit card." When informed of this, the front desk clerk confessed that he lied!!! Upon returning to the Comfort Inn, I settled the bill and promptly checked-out. The clerk attempted to apologize, but his apology fell upon deaf ears. Two days later (Monday), the Assistant Manager called me to apologize. I accepted HER apology, but I'll NEVER stay at this hotel, again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank barryfleckmann
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting the shore on a trip across country and I have to say that my experience of this hotel was very similar to that of ForeverIrish96. I chose the hotel based on location and #1 rating on TripAdvisor, which rarely steered me wrong the whole trip. However, when I arrived, the front desk was in complete upheaval because the computers had gone out and they couldn't check me in. I ended up filling out paperwork the old fashioned way, running my card through the old pressure plate machine, but the crass and unprofessional way the two on duty were dealing with this was, shall we say, slightly less than gracious and slightly more circus like. I was told that they would call me to come down and finalize the check in later, when the computers were back up. While filling out the forms shuffled under my pen, the one thing I did notice about the place was that, despite the staff's relative unprofessional demeanor, there seemed to be numerous rules and regulations governing the guests posted everywhere. To be fair, the hotel seems relatively new and so it's appearance is clean and spiffy. The lobby and business work areas are very small and would be of little use other than to sit and wait until it was ones turn to check in. My room was also new, clean and spiffy, but the signs, including a shabby, photocopied warning that the room was inventoried and I shouldn't even consider trying to slip out with a towel or ash tray. I wonder how they felt about me breathing their air? The walls were very thin and I could hear kids running up and down the halls and doors slamming through most of the evening and into the night. It's okay, though, most hotels are like this now and I always travel with ear plugs. So, for now, the hotel is clean and orderly due to it's age. I wonder, though, how this place will compare in just a few years when things are not so new and fresh. My guess is the ratings will drop as the hotel ages. The desk clerk called an hour or so later to tell me the computer was back up and I went down to the desk on my way out to get dinner and signed what was required. No apology, explanation or even interest on the part of the night clerk. I asked a simple question about where I might get dinner nearby which was met with a dull, blank stare, a shrug and a simple "I can't really think of anything". Looking into that face, I could do nothing more than agree. Thanks for not being able to provide even the most basic of help in a resort town. Breakfast was reasonable and comparable to other hotels offering breakfast, so I fortified myself with powdered eggs, toast and O. J. and headed to the shore and parts north ASAP. In the end, it wasn't really a bad stay, it was just that it could have been so much more pleasant with just a little effort on the part of the staff. Comfort Inns should really come in an train or retrain the staff here. It could make a huge difference and cost them nothing. Just my thoughts from the road.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
12 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Lakewood
11.8 km away
Best Western Leisure Inn

Been to Comfort Inn Toms River? Share your experiences!