US$127
ClarionHotels
US$118
US$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

US$130
US$110
TP Hotel(Toms River)
US$89
Pelican Inn & Suites(Toms River)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
US$90
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsseaside heightshot tubhard boiled eggsyogurtindoor poolfree breakfaststandard faredesk clerkplace to sleepwould stay againclean roomsbed was comfortablefrench toastupon checkthird floorroom keynew jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2017

It was very nice to check in and have some warm cookies and some fresh lemon water. Check-in was very easy. The room was very comfortable and suited our needs. The young kids quickly changed into swim suits and went to pool to see it was closed. This was a requirement we used when selecting the hotel. Kids came back to room disappointed and hopeful it would be open later, but it was not. Also upon check in with children, we were not informed that the pool was closed. That was the main negative of our stay. Breakfast was great. There were waffles, bagels, bread, french toast, yogurt, Greek yogurt, fresh mixed fruit, fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausages, danishes, hard boiled eggs. I may be missing something but there was plenty to choose from.

Room Tip: If you want pool, check with hotel and ensure open
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank dctrink0525
Patricia B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

I deeply apologize for the closed pool. The township failed to inspect it ao it had to remain closed. But there was a sign at the front desk since last Wednesday to indicate so. But thank you for your kind words about the rooms and breakfast.
I have a very dedicated staff and we strive to do our best.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Booked three rooms months in advance and the fact that the pool was closed was extremely disappointing! A heads up would've been great and the fact that no one knew when the pool would be up and running was irritating.

My mother arrived a day before me and she had a horrible experience with the young lady at the front desk, I wish I could remember her name so she can reflect on the horrible impression she left on paying guests. All I remember was her glasses and a piercing she had in her ear. She needs more training!

Kristen was great, always friendly and very accomadating. Pat the manager needs more customer service & managerial training because she was extremely hostile and exhausted because she had a bad weekend dealing with situations that had nothing to do with us.

The housekeepers were great, checked in to clean rooms and they continued to do a good job with upkeep. The motel seems old and is in need of plumbing updates. Our first night the toilet got clogged and I had to go to the front desk to get a plunger and plunge my toilet, craziness! Would we stay again, defintely not! How staff treats you can change everything and one or two sour apples can spoil the bunch!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pat B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

You are so right that a heads up would have been ideal. But we all know that No one is perfect and we all have our faults. It is very difficult to work in customer service but we certainly try our best. We did inform everyone on the day the pool did reopen that all were welcome to check out late and use the pool for as long as they wanted.
My entire staff are long time employees and know what they are doing.
Thank you for giving me such a glowing review.
Please remember that we are all human and try to no matter how difficult the best that is humanly possible.deal with all customers.
We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My wife and I stayed here for one night, it was a very clean, quiet motel. When we checked in, the woman (Jackie) was very polite and informative. She made us both feel very welcome. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We stayed at the hotel last night. Part of the reason we booked this hotel was pool and hot tub for us and the kids. Upon checking in we were told that both were currently out of service. This was very disappointing. I'm glad we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pat B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

We are so sorry for your experience.
I am sure your next visit will prove to be better.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Stayed here for the weekend with family, *Note I have stayed here a year prior and they didn't make a lot of improvements, the rooms are comfortable, but the a.c in the room needs to be upgraded, it was not working to its full potential, and they need a better cable provider, and they need a better selection for breakfast, I also think that there shouldn't be a time limit when to get breakfast; breakfast is already over at 10am, now the pool side, both the "heated" pool and the hot tub has a bit too much chlorine, and the hot tub needs to be upgraded, I think the concrete chips were peeling off and it was floating with the bubbles. Overall, the hotel is in a decent location, don't know if I'll stay here again or not.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Pat B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

We are so sorry that you were not happy with your stay but I must clarify a few things for you.
Improvements are scheduled to start next year. Every room is and has been equipped with a thermostat on the wall to control the ac and heat. Most of the time we find that the guests are not aware of it or how to operate it.
We always make the guests aware that we are available 24/7 to help and answer any questions but find that they seldom call down.
We are very generous with the breakfast times and must adhere to what our corporate dictates.
You have more than an ample selection for breakfast. That too is what corporate dictates.
As for the pool, it is very difficult to shut it down for maintenance when it requires a week or more to do so. It seems that whatever we do there will always be someone complaining.
But please visit us again as we know we are above and beyond some of the hotels and motels in the area.