“Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!!!”
Review of Aqua Blu

Aqua Blu
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Blu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 312 Restaurants in Toms River
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

My wife MaryAnn, friends Dee, Robert and I chose to have a late lunch/early dinner in Toms River. We chose Aqua Blu on a whim and were we impressed. We found out from our waitress that between 2 pm and 6 pm on a Monday was price fixed dinner day. This is the food we received for &26.00 a person:
For starters we had fried calamari with a lemony mayonnaise dip, roasted oysters, bruschetta, and grilled romaine salad. Fantastic choices and they have many other choices. These were not skimpy portions.
Main courses we chose: Veal chop Milanese with arugula, marinated rare hanger steak, chimichuri and fries, signature short ribs with smoked potatoes puree, Marsala, and Skuna Bay Salmon with roasted mushroom fragrola "risotto" herbs. There are many more choices and again not skimpy!
We topped it all off with cappuccino and ice cream. The dinners came to $104.00 the cappuccino and drinks were extra.
This restaurant is tastefully decorated and the staff is a-one. Also kitchen is open and visible for all to see. I highly recommend Aqua Blu, but should warn you on weekends you will need reservations!

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

a vried menu well prepared and served quickly at reasonable prices
wide variety of seafood and other dushes with high qyality fresh ingredients

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Great food, great location and decor. Food is fantastic. Happy hour is awesome $2 beers and $5 menu items and drinks. Don't miss this one. We are regulars and always love it!!!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

They do a pretty good bar business--however at dinner time it looks like a senior pickup joint. There was also a trivia guy with a mike turned up way too loud. We asked for a table in the dining room. Was pleasantly surprised that they sound from the bar was perfectly muted.
The dining room is very well decorated and the tables are spread out. Waitress was a little gruff but very efficient. Menu is somewhat limited with about 4 or 5 meat and fish dishes. No specials! Plenty of steak options oddly listed separately from the meats?
Drinks were fairly priced. I had a stoli martini for $8. My wife had a vodka & club for $6.
Not wanting to spend $52 for a steak on a Tuesday night, I went for the double pork chop. Bad choice. It was loaded with fat on the outside. I think I cut about a third off the chop by the time I was done. When I informed the waitress she told me the chef explained that is the cut of the meat. The fat makes it tender. OK somewhat true, but for $30, a little trimming would have been warranted. Bruschetta app with mini tomatoes was excellent. My wife's chicken was done superbly. I'll give it a very good because of the pork chop and because the chef didn't come out from a very slow kitchen. I've eaten here before and will go back again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food was nothing to rave about. We were here for a business dinner - and we won't be back. There are better places to try. Average food, longer than average waits.

1  Thank Amy N