“Worth a try”

Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 316 Restaurants in Toms River
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bey Lea
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I have been here before but just the other day i went with my friends for a girls night out and had a great time. The restaurant part was full so we were seated in the bar area at a large table. It was very nice and we had a great waitress that was attentive and pleasant. The food was good . I had chicken parmigiana and my a couple of my friends had the seared tuna which they raved about. There is a nice atmosphere in the restaurant proper. More upscale but affordable.

1  Thank patti1357

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went for dinner with a large party, one person was in a wheelchair. We called ahead to make arrangements and they were terrific. They gave us a great table, keeping our special needs in mind. The food was delicious and there was a nice variety of options. They also had a great deal for late lunch/early dinner. Looking forward to going back there again on my next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We only had drinks and appetizers so I will only rate on that......we didn't eat but it looked good.

Nice looking place with an upscale feel. Sit down restaurant and did not seem like A brewery, which maybe that's the thought....an Italian restaurant that brews food.

We did the calamari and oysters and both were very good and mid priced. Service was quick and friendly. My wife and family got mixed drinks (full bar and specialty drinks) and no compliants. I got a flight which had all 6 of the beers they brew. Nice presentation and all were ok. Nothing stood out, but all were good and drinkable.....the ipa being my favorite.

Would go back and do a full family dinner.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We ate here a week ago, the food is excellent, not cheap, but you get what you pay for. The gnocchi is excellent, my wife and daughter had chicken marsala, also excellent, and our Granddaughter had the salmon, another fine dish. The mushroom soup was good, as are the rolls.Overall a 5 star rating.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Artisians is a beautiful place in a great location. The food is good. Wait staff is pleasant.....However,
The beer is horrible. The Red Ale, which is a standard is decent, but the rest are very disappointing. Although they have a nice liquor selection, the prices are ridiculous. This is Toms River man! Not Manhattan.
I'd have to say their food is overpriced as well. Best bet is the salads. Pizza is unspectacular. You'd be crazy to order one of the steaks. Its a "brewery" after all. I feel bad ripping a hometown restaurant, but I don't think the value is there.

Peter G, Manager at Artisan's Brewery & Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

First and foremost, from a management standpoint, I don't think that I can stress enough how much a guest should always be afforded the opportunity to speak to a manager before leaving any restaurant this unhappy. As a management team and a family owned restaurant, this is of the utmost importance to us here at Artisan's.

Since you have compared us to Manhattan, and were kind enough to remind everyone that this is a brewery, you can be certain that a brewery and restaurant of the same stature would be much higher priced in the city. Who says you cannot have a brewery and a high quality menu in the same location? Ask anyone who dines with us regularly how spectacular our filet mignon is, and they will also tell you that it is priced accordingly. That steak alone has it's own following. Our pizza dough is made fresh daily, and unspectacular to one, but preferred by many. I'm glad you were pleased with the Red Ale you mentioned, although I do not currently have a Red Ale on tap. Fresh made craft beer is not for everyone, and I'm sorry you did not enjoy it. We have a true German master brewer who comes two times a week to create, maintain and continue to bring fresh draft beer through our brewery. We are quite proud of the our 17 years of patronage here in Toms River.