“Go Here For Take Out”

Taqueria El Mariachi
Ranked #117 of 259 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 February 2015

I was by myself after a Doctors appointment in Lawrenceville, and was starving for dinner. I hadn't had Mexican food in a while so decided to stop in. This was my second time here. The food really is fresh, homemade and most of all very good. However this will be my last time dining here. It really is a whole in the wall and to make matters worse, while I was eating a street bum walked in and would not stop harassing me for money. I thought maybe one of the workers would ask her to leave, but that did not happen. The Food is really good though and very reasonable. My suggestion would be to get the food for take out.

3  Thank Joe V

Reviewed 2 December 2014

Walked into a small dining area with just a few tables, but was greeted right away- Service with a smile! I ordered the flautas con pollo, (rolled fried corn tortillas filled with chicken and covered with salsa and lettuce and a bit of sour cream. The salsa was great, the flautas were cooked to perfection and very tasty. I also ordered a liquado de pina, which is pineapple and water blended together-I believe with a bit of sugar-which was also quite refreshing and delicious. Given the service, the quality of the food, and the good prices, I will be back! Quite authentic Mexican cooking if you ask me! Muy bien!

1  Thank Trumpets
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

We love to eat out, today we went to El mariachi and we ordered tacos and pupusas. Everything was so delicious, except the horchata, a drink, I have had it before in another place and was way better. I would recommend to at least give the restaurant a try, very fresh and cheap Mexican food. :)

1  Thank Jandjo1134
Reviewed 17 July 2013

A work colleague took me here for lunch. I was a tad bit apprehensive when we parked her BMW half on the sidewalk and half in the road, and then approached an awning that could use some sprucing up. Place was spotless clean, wait staff very pleasant, decor very plain , BUT THE FOOD WAS AWESOME. I was actually pleasantly shocked. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank 19mrpb58
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The decor and location may be somewhat off putting, but don't let your first impressions win.
This is a really great restaurant. The food quality is really good.
Bring your Spanish: they hardly speak a word of English here.
We keep going back.
Very friendly.
Full of Spanish-speaking patrons with their families.
Make sure you order the guacamole which is a bargain and very, very good.
I often have the garlic shrimp which are served (like most of their dishes) with an over-abundance of food. You will need a doggy-bag.

1  Thank NorthSouth