“Best sushi + BYOB”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Great sushi place and thy allow you to bring your own bottle (BYOB) without any corkage fee. The place is spacious and the servers are courteous and attentive. They have limited outdoor seats. There is no dedicated parking so you have to use street parking.
The sushi are delicious, especially the "Special" ones. The shrimp pad thai and the chicken teryaki were also good.
Great food and service at a great price!

Reviewed 7 June 2015

The sushi here is good not great and the service leaves a little to be desired. i have visited this restaurant before so I knew not to expect great service but I was a little disappointed in my order. When you pay premium prices for sushi you expect to get a premium product. I ordered the live soft shell crab roll and there was maybe a half of a crab in the roll. This place gets very crowded on weekends so expect to wait for your food if you choose to go on a Friday or Saturday.

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Even though the sushi is very good I may not be going back. I was there Saturday 2/7. My wife and I showed up at 8:57 and they obviously did not have enough staff. That was okay and we can understand that. We watched as another couple came in after us and prior to even coming to our table she went to theirs to service them. She eventually came to our table at 9:15 as my wife and I got up to leave and go across the street for sushi at their competition. What disturbed me the most was the lack of caring from us leaving and almost relief to have on less customer. The service was a problem and the hostess/waitress attitude was poor to say the least. I may be going back but if so not for a long while.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Our family comes to Yama all the time. This is our favorite sushi place in the AC area. Don't expect a posh spot but sushi is always fresh and delicious. A real treat is an appetizer hamachi Kama, a Japanese broiled fished. I have never tasted a better one anywhere and I have been to many Japanese places around the world. This is BYOB but there is a liquor store across the street where you can get a cold beer with a choice of Japanese offerings, plum wine and sake. They will warm your sake at the restaurant if you like it hot. Top everything off with a fried ice cream and satisfaction is guaranteed.

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

I'm not a big sushi fan but my family loves yama and they know sushi. They also offer bento boxes which are s combination of Japanese items that are more to my liking so I never ins going.